Solved

Free MLB subscription for 2024

• 19 February 2024
  • 34 replies

Badge

How do I get the offer of free MLB for 2024?

icon

Best answer by nc1037 20 February 2024, 20:17

View original

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It won't be available till the week before the season starts at the earliest.

I just got this app. Will the mlb offer show up when it becomes available?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

In the past, it was in the T-Mobile Tuesdays app.  This year, it should be in T Life.  ⚾

Thanks! March or April will it become available?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

It should be before the regular season starts on March 28.

Thank you!

So it’s just to watch the regular season not pre season games that start tomorrow?

If you had the mlb package in 2023 it will work thru spring training. If not,  you would have to wait till they offer it this year,  which is usually right at the beginning of the regular season.  I read elsewhere that they won't be offering it this year.  I hope that's wrong,  but we'll see. 

T-Mobile and MLB have a deal through 2028:

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/t-mobile-customers-can-get-mlb-tv-for-free-until-2028/

T-Mobile announces last year that they will provide mlb.tv to customers through 2028. As others have said, you’ll be able to get it through the t-life app. It will probably be available on the tuesday before the regular season starts. The Tuesday before is March 19 although they may not stick with the whole Tuesday thing anymore..

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/un-carrier/mlb-renewal-2023

So it’s just to watch the regular season not pre season games that start tomorrow?

Yeah they don’t usually include preseason although MLB usually gives a lot of the preseason away for free. There is also a 7 day trial if you want to see a few games. 

Does anybody know with the DBacks announcing MLB will be broadcasting their games in 2024, if Dbacks games will be available for those in AZ markets through MLB.tv with no blackouts?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Here is where to find which team(s) are blacked out for you:

MLB.TV | Blackouts | Which teams am I blacked out from? | MLB.com

Is the team that is blacked out for your area all regular season games or just specific/special games during the season?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If a team is blacked out for you, all regular season games (home and away) are blacked out. 

I am a long-time MLB.TV subscriber with four teams blacked out, so I have a lot of experience with this.  My favorite team is not blacked out, but I know that when they play one of the four, I can’t watch.  Audio is available.

Something else to know - this applies to all games:  If it is on national TV such as Fox or ESPN or MLB Network, you would need to watch that channel.  The game won’t be available through MLB.TV.

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. I live in NH so pretty much most people follow the Sox in this area. I grew up as a child and lived in Massachusetts but became a Braves fan at 9 years old when we moved to NH and my dad put on TBS and the Braves were on. First up to bat was Dale Murphy and at the moment Murphy and the Braves became my team in 1984 when I was 9 years old.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Lucky you, you’ll be able to watch almost all Braves games this year.  I think TBS wanted to make the Braves “America’s Team” (or maybe second favorite team) for everyone except Yankees fans.  ⚾

Yea. Mlb.tv doesn't show anything but the game. If u want pre and post game show, spring training and what not, local team apps are good, like bally or wgn, or whatever. 

It's 2/25. I just checked the t life. This season isn't available yet but it's up there so I was thinking this Tuesday or next .. cutting it thin to win. You'd think they would give ppl more time for new fan to explore the different apps and see all the cool inside information they have on mlb app.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

The app itself (MLB) is free and is always available.  It’s the subscription to regular season games that we are waiting for - and there is plenty of time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I just got an email from Tmobile and sign up starts March 26th through April 1st.

Yeah they don’t usually include preseason although MLB usually gives a lot of the preseason away for free. There is also a 7 day trial if you want to see a few games. 

I just had my subscription drop off from 2023 and cant stream spring training games - anyone else have this happen?

I just had my subscription drop off from 2023 and cant stream spring training games - anyone else have this happen?

Me! Ugh. I was enjoying watching the spring training games. Bummer I can’t watch my team until the new code comes out. 

The sign up date has to change to include Spring Training games.  I think is is being done on purpose to keep people from getting the free year 

Dodgers season starts March 20th, not 28th like everyone else, so that kinda blows. 

Tmobile… do your research man and get the deal started when the actual season begins.

ugh.