Question

TMobile Tuesdays Eligibility

• 13 February 2024
  • 22 replies

Badge

I have two lines on my account and we both used to be able to redeem our own TMobile offers on our own apps. It seems that since they upgraded to TLife it’s only allowing one offer per account, not per line. So as soon as one of us redeems the offer, then the other tries to redeem their own code it says the offer was already used.

However, the eligibility rules on their site states it’s per line:

Any T-Mobile or Metro by T-Mobile customer on a qualifying branded monthly rate plan can participate. Qualifying rate plans include most consumer and business monthly plans that include voice and data. Every qualifying line can participate if considered to be in “active status.” 

I haven’t read any complaints about this so I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

22 replies

I ran into the exact same issue this morning as I tried to redeem!! When comparing my code to my wife's they were the exact same! Same thing goes for the smoothie offer for today as well! And as we both work in opposite directions of equal distance to our house(40miles south for her, 40miles north for me), we look forward to the little help each week.

I had my wife log out and in of her "new and improved" t-life app with her phone number, as she is an authorized user, and it still popped up my name. So it is definitely now turned on to the account as a whole, and not individual phone numbers like in best times of t-mo tuesdays!! These quality of life upgrades are ridiculous and they're about to lose a 20+ yr customer because of it. They need to fix it soon!!

Badge

I spent close to an hour on the phone with customer support and they confirmed the Tuesday offers are still one per line, not one per account. However, they couldn’t figure out why when our second line logs into their app it defaults to the primary line’s account, giving the primary  line duplicate codes even though only one can be redeemed. And the second line is not getting a valid code to redeem. They’re looking into it and will get back to me.

Need too know if this is getting fixed or not. Same issue here. Didn't they test this app before releasing it. wth

So my wife also spent about 20min on chat trying to figure out why it was logging me into her phone. Apparently at first the CSR had no idea what she was talking about. But once he caught on he escalated it and gave us a $5 credit for the trouble...except that $5 did not make it into my gas tank yesterday when I needed.

Hopefully more than just a handful have complained and escalated. Enough to drop T-Life and go back to T-mo Tuesdays!!

Badge

Does everyone on the account have their own TMO id? T-Mobile Tuesdays used to verify with just the phone number and a One Time Pin, however, now you sign in using your TMO ID. I have a couple of questions: 

• Each line is signing in with their own TMO ID, and the line is not registered as a child line on My.T-Mobile.com? 
  • Are you both on WI-FI when you notice the deal shows redeemed?
  • Are you noticing the deal shows redeemed after logging in with your TMOID or before logging in with your TMOID?

Thanks! 

I have 5 lines with 1 being home internet.  Each line has always been eligible for their own T-Mobile Tuesday deals prior to T-Life.  Currently that is still the same with the exception of the home internet number.  When I logout/login specifying the home internet number it acts as if I logged back in using my mobile phone number showing offers already being redeemed.  There is nothing in the T-Life app to show which number is currently being utilized.  CSR was helpful and provided additional redemption codes for items I was interested in and asked that I wait to see if the issue gets resolved by next Tuesday being that it's a new app.  If not call back and they will repeat providing codes as required until it is fixed.

My tmobile tuesdays app says my number isnt eligible for the tmobile tuesday perks. It also flashes a message saying there is a glitch in the system and they are working to fix it. This started this week. I guess with the switch to t life. This is ridiculous all other lines on my account can redeem fine but not me and im the main line. Smh and nobody knows what to do and its driving me insane not knowing how to get this resolved.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Different issue, but I guess it still falls under eligibility. I have a business account and used to be able to access T-Mobile Tuesdays offers. However when I try to sign up to the T-Life app after inputting the Gateway phone number, a pop up appears that says “This looks like a business account number. Great news! T-Mobile for Business customers can use Account Hub. Please go to tfb.t-mobile.com” with an “Okay” box.The link isn’t clickable and hitting okay just sends me to back to the enter your gateway phone number screen. The link just goes to the Account Hub where I can manage my account. It doesn’t have anything to do with T-Life.

So, anyone with a business account or more specifically Business Internet able to sign up for T-Life? I rarely used any offers (maybe twice), so not a big deal, but it was nice to have access to them.

Am a metro customer with android phone.  Once the Tlife app updated, it said I’m no longer eligible for Tmo Tuesdays deals… My wife has an iphone and is still getting the deals.  I called Metro customer support and they raised a ticket, but this is pretty aweful implementation of rolling a bunch of features into one app….

I THINK mine is finally fixed. We shall see in the next coming weeks. But this evening I am able to see the deals and save them, for a week I was unable to. I also wasn't able to see or save anything this morning. So sometime between 11am and 4pm est it got fixed I guess.

Badge

I have 5 lines with 1 being home internet.  Each line has always been eligible for their own T-Mobile Tuesday deals prior to T-Life.  Currently that is still the same with the exception of the home internet number.  When I logout/login specifying the home internet number it acts as if I logged back in using my mobile phone number showing offers already being redeemed.  There is nothing in the T-Life app to show which number is currently being utilized.  CSR was helpful and provided additional redemption codes for items I was interested in and asked that I wait to see if the issue gets resolved by next Tuesday being that it's a new app.  If not call back and they will repeat providing codes as required until it is fixed.

Does the HSI line have its own TMO ID? Also, the email address will have to be different email addresses for each of your lines. 

Different issue, but I guess it still falls under eligibility. I have a business account and used to be able to access T-Mobile Tuesdays offers. However when I try to sign up to the T-Life app after inputting the Gateway phone number, a pop up appears that says “This looks like a business account number. Great news! T-Mobile for Business customers can use Account Hub. Please go to tfb.t-mobile.com” with an “Okay” box.The link isn’t clickable and hitting okay just sends me to back to the enter your gateway phone number screen. The link just goes to the Account Hub where I can manage my account. It doesn’t have anything to do with T-Life.

So, anyone with a business account or more specifically Business Internet able to sign up for T-Life? I rarely used any offers (maybe twice), so not a big deal, but it was nice to have access to them.

I’m having this same issue. Completely new to this Magenta stuff, and I’m a relatively new (9 months or so) customer to T-Mobile: via Business Internet. Having the exact same signup flow issue as you. How do I get in on these awesome perks? :(

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Played around a little with the app and was able to get to the part of it that let’s you control your gateway. I think I had to click on “explore T-Life” or something like that. And then finally got it to let me sign in and set it up for fingerprint log in, but when I try and link the phone number to the account I still get the same “business number” message.

Interesting thing is that I got an email today from T-Mobile for Business “Introducing Magenta Status” touting all the benefits including T-Mobile Tuesdays. When I click on the links in the email it takes me to the area to download the T-Life app. So assumedly business customers are eligible for the perks, there just doesn’t seem to be a way to access them. Maybe it’s working for people with business cellphones just not gateways. Hopefully they will figure it out.

Played around a little with the app and was able to get to the part of it that let’s you control your gateway. I think I had to click on “explore T-Life” or something like that. And then finally got it to let me sign in and set it up for fingerprint log in, but when I try and link the phone number to the account I still get the same “business number” message.

Interesting thing is that I got an email today from T-Mobile for Business “Introducing Magenta Status” touting all the benefits including T-Mobile Tuesdays. When I click on the links in the email it takes me to the area to download the T-Life app. So assumedly business customers are eligible for the perks, there just doesn’t seem to be a way to access them. Maybe it’s working for people with business cellphones just not gateways. Hopefully they will figure it out.

I just had a (painful) 30 minute call with T-Mobile (the number listed at the bottom of the landing page they link in that email invite). Not only did the woman not know about our issue, but she was also reading off an outdated script that said the app name is “T-Mobile Tuesdays”. She told me she filed a ticket and will get back to me in 72 hours, but at this point I have little faith they’ll fix things. It’s an issue with the iOS developer team, and the only other way of flagging this to their attention that I can think of is leaving a bad review on the App Store. Which I’ll do right now. 

I just had a (painful) 30 minute call with T-Mobile (the number listed at the bottom of the landing page they link in that email invite). Not only did the woman not know about our issue, but she was also reading off an outdated script that said the app name is “T-Mobile Tuesdays”. Here is an interesting article. She told me she filed a ticket and will get back to me in 72 hours, but at this point I have little faith they’ll fix things. It’s an issue with the iOS developer team, and the only other way of flagging this to their attention that I can think of is leaving a bad review on the App Store. Which I’ll do right now. 

I managed to access the gateway controls through "Explore T-Life" and set up fingerprint login.

It was working now it is not.   I have 4 lines and 2 DUAL SIM phones. When T-Life was introduced inorder to get to the 2nd T-life deals, I had to go into “Settings” and select which line I wanted to be primary.  The authenicating was based off this.  So the Galaxy S23+ phone is still working and allows per line, my 2nd phone Pixel 4a 5G is no longer recognizing the 2nd SIM for authenication purposes. 

I have deleted the cache, deleted the app and re-installed as well as “un-installed” and “re-installed” the app on the Pixel.   

Again this was working when T-Life was first introduced several weeks back but now is broke. 

I don’t think the “business analyst” that decide how “products” are developed and perform look at all possibbilies when making “enhancements” to “apps.”  

What say ye?

Does the HSI line have its own TMO ID? Also, the email address will have to be different email addresses for each of your lines. 

The HSI line is listed individually with the 4 phone lines which work fine under T-Mobile ID so I’m going to say yes.  As far as the individual email addresses I question that because the there is only the 1 email address associated to my account and again the 4 phone lines continue to work fine after the T Life transition.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Re: Small Business Internet customer access to T-Mobile Tuesdays.

T-Life app updated on my phone on Tuesday, March 5 and now allows me access to the Tuesdays offers. The app itself has an update date of 2/29/24, so not sure why it took so long to update on the phone. I’m using Android.

Of note, I never went through the step of having a code sent to the gateway for verification. I was never able to make it to that point before. Perhaps because of all the troubles they’re allowing access with just the account being logged into.

The HSI line is listed individually with the 4 phone lines which work fine under T-Mobile ID so I’m going to say yes.  As far as the individual email addresses I question that because the there is only the 1 email address associated to my account and again the 4 phone lines continue to work fine after the T Life transition.

Still no resolution on this issue for me.  Simple question continues to be “What has changed?”  Everything worked fine prior to switching to T-Life.  I’m happy to help where I can for troubleshooting but end result this is on T-Mobile to provide an answer.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

New app update on my phone on March 12 appears to have made me ineligible for T-Mobile Tuesdays again. Version 8.2.1 on Android. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but no luck. I do notice now on the “tell us what you have” page where you choose T-Mobile phone number or Internet Gateway that there is a small disclaimer that says “This doesn’t include Metro and T-Mobile for Business Internet gateways or phone numbers.” So, I selected “I have neither” and it just takes me back to only being able to manage the router and having no access to the deals.

I guess that’s fine, but it doesn’t explain why my account page says I have Magenta Status and am eligible for the offers. Or why they proudly sent me an email about my Magenta Status.

Still no resolution on this issue for me.  Simple question continues to be “What has changed?”  Everything worked fine prior to switching to T-Life.  I’m happy to help where I can for troubleshooting but end result this is on T-Mobile to provide an answer.

So after multiple calls I'm getting the impression that T-Life does NOT simply use an individual phone number to identify a user as it did previously with the T-Mobile Tuesday app.  I'm being told inconsistently that each line has to have its own T-Mobile ID and in order for that to happen each ID has to have its own email.  I currently have 1 ID and email associated to our account for which I administer all 5 lines yet 4/5 lines continue to work just fine in T-Life so go figure.  T-Life needs to be able to differentiate lines the same way T-Mobile Tuesdays did by the phone number itself.  There should be no need for multiple ID's or emails creating confusion for users and apparently developers.

I can’t download the T Life app to get my MLBtv subscription because my phone is too old to be compatible with it. I have a perfectly-fine Galaxy S7 edge that I do not need (or want) to replace now. I only ever used the Tmobile Tuesdays to claim my MLBtv subscription. If buying a new phone is the only answer, it’s going to sour me to the point of switching carriers for the first time in almost 20 years. It would be way cheaper for me to buy the MLBtv subscription, but I shouldn’t have to do either.