Question

5G Home Internet nightly slow down

Show first post

54 replies

Update:

Got a new device, and had trouble connecting and running speedtest.  I went back to the store, and the manager said since I am not a mobile customer, don't login to the T-Life app with the T-Mobile provided phone number.  He showed me just redownload the app, connect to the router, and everything was good.  Good speeds are back.  I guess my device was just old.

I am having this same problem AGAIN!!! I believe it was around 2020 when I switched from cable to T-Mobile. Did not like long periods of outage using cable. Seems every time a storm comes through the cable is down for days while they repair. 

was pleased for awhile until this problem showed it’s nasty head. Then it started happening here in Tyler Texas. Try getting through to complain and go through all their BS conversations! Anyway, this went on for awhile and out of the blue, it was fixed. No communication as to what occurred!!! Figured maybe they added a tower or boosted signal.

it worked very well until just recently the same story. The same thing that happened then is the same story now! How about some up front messages to your clients as to what happened? What you are doing about it? When will it be resolved? Some recompense as to giving us a discount for failed service!

Steve 

Badge

During the day my gateway pulls about 500 Mbps and has a “Very Good” signal. Without moving or changing anything about the setup, usage area, or anything, around 8PM Eastern my speeds go down to MAX 5 Mbps.

Nothing has changed other than the time of the day.

I relayed this to Customer Care, and while they seem sympathetic to the plight, they ultimately just want me to continuously restart the gateway so they can reconnect it to the tower because it has “stopped communicating.” Is this the common reply that everyone is getting?

@MAUI671 I have the exact same issue except my speeds drop after 2am central time.  My modem also reboots.  I also agree with the fact that support only offers reboot as a solution.  It’s extremely frustrating for me.

Badge

@copz1998 I hear your suggestion, but follow the train of thought here. The signal is 500 Mbps in its location during daytime hours. Nothing changes but the time of day. Once 8 PM Eastern hits, the signal is EXACTLY the same still, but download drops from 500 Mbps to 5 Mbps. Again, no changes but the time of day.

I’ve done the repositioning multiple times now at the behest of customer care and still to no avail. Spent more than an hour on it at this point trying to be proactive. I’ve used the app, watched the SNR, RSSI, etc. and no changes to the speed no matter how high good I get those values. Any other suggestions for me to be proactive with?

@MAUI671 He posted the same exact thing in my thread.  Your post is very clear stating that your internet is stable during the day, it has a “Very Good” signal, and is gets worse at night and you haven’t changed anything.  I see a consistent pattern of people stating that their speeds significantly decrease late at night.  Hopefully someone will escalate this to the technical team who can state why this is happening.  My guess is it may be due to nightly IT maintenance but it’s purely speculation.

“During the day my gateway pulls about 500 Mbps and has a “Very Good” signal. Without moving or changing anything about the setup, usage area, or anything, around 8PM Eastern my speeds go down to MAX 5 Mbps.

Nothing has changed other than the time of the day.