Solved

cannon mx922 wont connect to the gateway

• 6 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Anyone have a solution to the " pres the was button" issue. I can get my printer to see the access point but it won't connect and I am never presented an option to enter my pw.

icon

Best answer by nc1037 6 September 2023, 18:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

There is no WPS button on the T-Mobile Gateway, so you’ll need to enter the network password with the printer’s control panel.

If you haven’t already done so, create a second network, 2.4GHz with security reduced to WPA/WPA2.  

Leave the default netwrok alone and ADD a second network with the + sign at the bottom of the Network tab in the T-Mobile Internet app.  For this new network, set the band to 2.4 GHz and set the WPA version to WPA/WPA2.  Try connecting your printer to this second network.  Use the default network for your other devices, as much as possible.

Here are the T-Mobile support instructions for how to add the second network with the app.

Android  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | Android | T-Mobile Support

iOS  How to create additional Wi-Fi networks | T-Mobile Internet app | iOS | T-Mobile Support

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

You will need to do Standard setup (from the Canon manual)