Solved

Error Codes Wan005 and Wan002

Badge

Does anyone else using the T mobile Home Internet model KVD21 have this happen to them? My internet worked great for the first month, and about 2 days ago or so the internet just drops randomly and won't reconnect and will give me error codes Wan005 and Wan002 until I factory reset it. Turning it off and on again multiple times doesn't fix the error either. And when I do factory reset it, whenever it goes to reboot it gets stuck in a cycle where it keeps restarting over and over until randomly it finally reboots after unplugging and plugging it back in multiple times. This is super frustrating as you could probably imagine and I have no idea why out of nowhere it started doing this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, if it continues I guess I will try to see about getting a replacement unit. Thanks for any input or thoughts on what could be the issue! 

icon

Best answer by Som Dh 14 August 2023, 05:40

View original

13 replies

Have you found a resolution?  I have the same error code

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

One solution appears to be reseating the SIM card, per the following thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobileisp/comments/tn4i2q/home_internet_issues_wan002_wan005

Badge

One solution appears to be reseating the SIM card, per the following thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobileisp/comments/tn4i2q/home_internet_issues_wan002_wan005

Reseating it never worked for me, I haven't had the issue since yesterday I've put a fan underneath the unit and it seems to have mitigated the issue. My best guess is it's an overheating problem because after the unit is unplugged for 5 or so minutes the errors go away

Try putting a fan or something near it to keep it cool. To get the errors to go away I had to factory reset using the little pinhole button on the back. You could try unplugging it for a while and letting it cool down and plugging it back in

Badge

I have the same issue.  Got the Arcadyan modem. Worked great for about a month then suddely stopped working.  Box connects to the towers (I see the freq it connects on 4G and 5G on the app) but zero internet.  On the modem itself, the error Wan002 appears.  Rebooted multiple times with no luck.

Called support and they are very helpful but at the end, it boils down to “the towers are being worked on/upgraded”. 

That would be great if it increases the speed/reliability….. but I am approaching Day 4 of the internet outage for me.  Maybe I’ll try the reset button---

Badge

Try unplugging it from the wall and the unit and waiting for 10 minutes and plugging back in. If that doesn't work go for the hard reset

Badge

Try unplugging it from the wall and the unit and waiting for 10 minutes and plugging back in. If that doesn't work go for the hard reset

Tried above with no luck.  I am still down today--

I have two home internet accounts and I'm wondering if it's a device issue. The grey cylinder one works fine and the black box one keeps having the issue this thread is about. The app won't even connect to it anymore even being on the wifi of the router. It's not an internet issue for me as the TV and phone connect just fine. But if I try to use the app or ethernet to a mesh wifi it stops working. If I plug other ethernet devices they connect to the internet. The Indian tech support is not helpful. And the app did not do an upgrade of firmware. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app and doing the setup again for the device connects the app but still no ethernet port for my mesh wifi but other ethernet devices connect just fine. Mesh being deco m5 which works fine with the grey cylinder home internet. 

I keep getting the Wan002 code it's near a window and always out of the sun I have 4 bars it there a solution for this. Haven't been told what this code is for.

I have the square box model with the no internet and WAN Error Code 5 issue.

I re-seated the SIM card by removing it and putting it back in the same way, but not closing the little rubberized flap afterwards. I suspect pressure from the flap may be pushing the SIM card slightly away from the ideal electrical contact position.

This worked for me, but may or may not be the issue, we’ll see over time, as this issue has plagued my service since inception, and if that’s all it was, it would be a blessing. Note that others say the other cylinder-shaped device does not have this issue, which led me to believe it’s something with the SIM seating improperly against the electrical contacts.

To fix error code WAN002, contact T-Mobile tech support and ask them to reset the SIM card found on the router. You will have to remove it and read those tiny numbers to them; it only takes a few minutes and that is it, problem fixed. 

I should've stayed away after reading the reviews. Now I regret getting T-Mobile home internet service. Phone service is fine but home internet is horrible. Constant buffering (frozen now as Im typing this), bandwidth is low messages, "no internet connection" message even though the router shows 4 Bars with "your connection is very good" message. Most recently I've been getting WAN002 message. Too bad I've already paid my bill for this cycle but I'm going back to Spectrum before the next billing period. $30 bucks a month for T-Mobile home internet is certainly not worth the aggravation. Spectrum is most definitely worth the extra few bucks.

Agreed. Very frustrating experience. $20 or$30 savings is not worth the pain. Not reliable service. This is my second try in last 2 years but it has not gotten better. When the service works, it’s awesome but service is not a reliable one at this time. I am hoping the service will get better with time.

Badge

We have tried to summarise the reasons and fixes for T-Mobile Wan002, Wan005 And Cel002 error codes here, hope it helps you to fix the issue smoothly.