Question

Google blocking search

Userlevel 3
Badge

I placed a search on Google and this is the response I got back.

"This network is blocked due to unaddressed abuse complaints about malicious behavior. This page checks to see if it's really a human sending the requests and not a robot coming from this network.”

What does this mean? Is Google trying to block my use of its service because of issues with T-Mobile?

151 replies

I wonder if this is national or just focused more in one part of the country.  I’m located in the NorthWest panhandle of FL (new Pensacola).  I see a New Orleans, an Ohio, and a Shreveport LA.   

I’m in Louisiana. I really dislike having to bring this up but, is everyone here a Republican? Not saying that’s why, yet, just want to rule it out. 

I’ve been dealing with it for about a week now. All devices in the home and T Mobile internet and phone service. Hasn’t happened to me while away from the home. 

Userlevel 1

T-Mobile needs to take a lead to fix it rather than toss out a not-my-problem statement.  Let’s get this moving before customers start moving to new services.  

I really expected this to be fixed by now and it’s frustrating that nothing’s been done about it. Are we just supposed to sit here for weeks completing captchas every time we Google? Pretty sure it’s just an issue of Google flagging T-Mobile IPs as abusive - shouldn’t TMo be able to say “Hey, these are our dynamic IPs, stop blocking them”? Or at least change the IPs being assigned to customers until they figure out what the core issue is. Either way this is getting pretty old.

Userlevel 1

it really should be that simple!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

T-Mobile needs to take a lead to fix it rather than toss out a not-my-problem statement.  Let’s get this moving before customers start moving to new services.  

I really expected this to be fixed by now and it’s frustrating that nothing’s been done about it. Are we just supposed to sit here for weeks completing captchas every time we Google? Pretty sure it’s just an issue of Google flagging T-Mobile IPs as abusive - shouldn’t TMo be able to say “Hey, these are our dynamic IPs, stop blocking them”? Or at least change the IPs being assigned to customers until they figure out what the core issue is. Either way this is getting pretty old.

this would be something both TMO and Google would have to figure out...kick out fixes...test those..adjust again as needed..then once its been vetted to work then the update gets kicked out to fix it..there isnt a switch they just flick and all is good..there will be a bunch of back and forth..especially to figure out why its happening in the first place..

Userlevel 1

I first reported this issue in this same thread almost a week ago, and honestly thought I was going to be fixed soon. I came back here to see if there were any updates since the issue is still going, and I can’t believe they’re playing the old “not my issue, they have to fix it so you’re gonna have to wait for them” card. This is quite obviously an T-Mobile issue, seeing how there’s a trend on the IP addresses and their locations. Ridiculous. 

I wonder if this is national or just focused more in one part of the country.  I’m located in the NorthWest panhandle of FL (new Pensacola).  I see a New Orleans, an Ohio, and a Shreveport LA.   

I’m in Louisiana. I really dislike having to bring this up but, is everyone here a Republican? Not saying that’s why, yet, just want to rule it out. 

I’ve been dealing with it for about a week now. All devices in the home and T Mobile internet and phone service. Hasn’t happened to me while away from the home. 

No.. LMAO this is not a republican conspiracy thing. How did you even come to that conclusion, why was it your first guess? Paranoia?

I live about an hour from Pcola and have been having this happen for the last day

Maybe the algorithm and page is legit and we're all robots. 👾

I’ve running into the same issue as well, in SW Michigan, for several days, on all devices (iphones, Macs, Windows) connecting through my tmobile gateway…. 

Have not had any issues while devices are using competitors’ networks.

(Issue happens specifically when going to google.com services (search, maps, etc.)

Badge

I was referred here from another thread I started on the topic.  I was really excited to join T-Mobile because of the cost saving and speed. I have even tried to recruit others, but now I’m telling them to stay away. This issue is so disruptive. T-Mobile is going to start losing revenue if they don’t get it fixed, because people are going to start canceling the service. I’m 5 days in and going to cancel if it’s not fixed soon. What is T-Mobile doing to help?

Here in North Florida this started for us about 3 days ago, only a few days after we switched to T-mobile 5g internet.

this is extremely frustrating and we love the internet service and don’t want to go back to Xfinity, please get this fixed!  It happens on iPhone, iPad, and wind based computers.

Userlevel 1

Into the 2nd week here, this should be a simple IP fix between T-Mob and Google, this should take like 12 hours tops, not 2+ weeks. These seem to all be coming from the same 2 network ID parts of the IP address, simple fix!

Badge

@HeavenM is there anything additional we as customers can be doing to get this escalated? Twitter posts, etc to make t-mobile publicly acknowledge it’s a growing problem for their customers?

Same issue here, for the past week.. in new orleans.

Here in North Florida this started for us about 3 days ago, only a few days after we switched to T-mobile 5g internet.

this is extremely frustrating and we love the internet service and don’t want to go back to Xfinity, please get this fixed!  It happens on iPhone, iPad, and wind based computers.

Same here.  Switched from AT&T cellular and Internet.  Were long time T-Mobile cellular customers and were hooked into switching to AT&T.  Finally got back with T-Mobile cellular and moved to their 5G Internet.  Other than the captcha page coming up, it’s been fine.  The captcha issue is a pain for sure.

Same problem here in lower Alabama.  They need to fix their IP address issue! It is affecting my home devices.

Found that this issue is only between Google and T-Mobile.  Every other website works and I NEVER get the Captcha page.

I have the same issue as well; but I noticed its only happening on my T-Link Deco Mesh W3600, when I swap over to the T-Mobile Wifi network then it’s working just fine.  I did a factory reset on the Deco’s they worked fine over night then started having the same issue again. 

Seems to finally be resolved for me.

South Alabama, This really is a pain

This network is blocked due to unaddressed abuse complaints about malicious behavior. This page checks to see if it's really a human sending the requests and not a robot coming from this network.

IP address: 172.59.104.125
Time: 2023-09-01T20:24:16Z
URL: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=roll-n-lock

You’re joking right? Please tell me you’re joking. Republicans are not being censored or discriminated against anymore than anyone else we are all being infringed on somewhat regardless of political affiliation and always will be. You guys just post so much disinformation these days it has to be filtered somewhat to keep from dumbing down the population worse than it is or causing mass confusion from things completely unrelated to each other. Trump being a criminal doesn’t mean republicans are being branded as criminals by google get a grip.

Same issue is happening with Orbi Mesh system.

This is most definitely a t-mobile problem that they need to address. Why aren’t they addressing the problem???

Everything had been working fine for months… tmobile tech said they didn’t even know what a mesh system was when called, lol!

Nearly 2 weeks later and I'm still getting this message. Technical support keeps giving me the complete runaround. T-Mobile doesn't give two sh*ts about their customers until their bill is late.

First time experiencing this issue on one of my devices today. I have multiple ISPs, the TMO home internet is the only GW I experienced this problem with, but only 1 device (android phone) had this issue. The other devices (tablets, laptops) were not getting the google treatment. Talked to support, did a GW sync and then network reset on the android, which resolved the problem. Hoping this is a solid fix (not a temp workaround). Sad to see everyone’s repeat troubles. I know it’s a pain and time consuming to go through support, but it gives them details on impacted GWs and end-devices for work on longterm resolution. Def unfortunate issue.

Same scenario here for the last couple weeks. I’m in Gainesville, FL and both my cell phone, computer and girlfriend’s phone get the Captcha request. I’m hoping we can get this fixed very soon as i work from home. I’ve also restarted the router a few times.