Question

Google blocking search

Userlevel 3
Badge

I placed a search on Google and this is the response I got back.

"This network is blocked due to unaddressed abuse complaints about malicious behavior. This page checks to see if it's really a human sending the requests and not a robot coming from this network.”

What does this mean? Is Google trying to block my use of its service because of issues with T-Mobile?

150 replies

Userlevel 1

I think I figured out what the issue is after looking at multiple blacklisting sites, the issue looks to be happening due to there are no reverse DNS records for the T-Mobile IPs, if a reverse DNS record does not exist for the IPs sites will blacklist the IP thinking it’s a botnet.  For example, my home T-Mobile IP right this minute is 172.59.104.208, if I do a nslookup on this IP address:

C:\Users\XXXX>nslookup 172.59.104.208
Server:  XXXX
Address:  X.X.X.X

*** XXXX can't find 172.59.104.208: Non-existent domain

What should happen is this, which happens for an AT&T IP address:

C:\Users\XXXX> nslookup 107.77.199.13

Name:    mobile-107-77-199-13.mobile.att.net <-----------------
Address:  107.77.199.13

So the issue is with T-Mobiles DNS servers, DNS reverse records are not working or are not setup for theirs IPs.

Happening here too, NOLA IP address. Rebooted, got a new IP and issue still exists. 

Also in New Orleans. Same issue.

Had no such issues with Cox. 

Not pleased with this product in its current state. Switching back to Cox today.

Will revisit at a later date.

I just found this thread, and wanted to add my experience regarding this issue. As of this past Monday, I am no longer a T-Mobile 5G Home Internet customer. I tried it for almost exactly 6 months. Among many issues that ultimately led to my decision to cancel, was this one.

My phone would ask me this captcha a few times a day. It would only occur when I search on Google on my Firefox browser. I did not try it with other browsers. I believe the issue only began about a month ago. I think it occurred once on my home computer in that time.

I didn’t think to screenshot whenever it occurred. I searched the text once early on when it started and not many results existed at the time. I searched the IP address (172.59.65.60), which shows a registration in Jacksonville to T-Mobile. I figured it was a T-Mobile issue and then went on with my life as a human.

In case this issue is location-based, it occurred in Gainesville, FL. I hope this helps and eventually I return to this product when it improves. Even though the price of Cox is way too high, I prioritize having a consistent connection with no latency issues, especially during heavy traffic times, such as in the evening.

Around the time this issue was noticed, we began experiencing problems receiving emails with Thunderbird. The server is fine with both incoming and outgoing mail through the web interface, and we can still send emails via Thunderbird, but no emails are coming into Thunderbird. There are no error messages. Could this domain name server problem cause this email problem as well? Our current TMO home internet IP address is showing up in a couple of blacklists currently.

Userlevel 1

So absolutely no updates or good news on this, which is clearly T-Mobiles issue and not a user issue. I didn't mind checking a box here and there, but now it is every single search, and all my Google devices are rendered useless because they can't do searches now. I'm dropping TMobile and going back to my old provider since they don't even care about updating us on the issue.

Same happening in Savannah, GA - any updates here? It’s getting to be over the top.

I would imagine that its an interconnectivity issue between T-Mobile and Google. 

I would not be surprised if its $$$-related.

I went back to Cox for internet. Haven't had the issue since.

"This network is blocked due to unaddressed abuse complaints about malicious behavior. This page checks to see if it's really a human sending the requests and not a robot coming from this network.”

What does this mean? Is Google trying to block my use of its service because of issues with T-Mobile?

Been having the same issue in Beaufort SC. Rebooting gateway does nothing, happens on wireless or hardwired. Have to use a VPN to get it to stop happening. Any answers to a fix? 

Userlevel 1

rapidly approaching 2 months, pretty crappy support with this issue!

Userlevel 1

So, so tired of this. We all know TMo doesn’t care at all about anything other than getting our $50 every month, but seriously? Two months?

Userlevel 1

T-Mobile - Thanks for your payment

I DON’T thank you for your crappy technical support!

So we got wireless internet from t-mobile about a month ago and it works fine for the most part even in our wooded Glen of a property. However, we have noticed several tines now with several different websites on both computer and cell phones will not come up while the wifi is turned on. This includes a few local government assistance sites, some but not all of our banking sites and even the ability to make an in app purchase on an app that is currently connected to the wifi but the purchase response is to connect to a network. 

Is anyone aware of issues with t-mobile wireless internet service and certain isp's not allowing you access B/C OF the wireless internet?? Perhaps it is due to/connected to recent AI related system upgrades at places like Google and wells fargo?

Userlevel 1

It’s Monday, guess what…. It’s STILL not fixed!

Userlevel 1

Hey T-Mobile, when are you going to offer us all free high speed VPNs to get around this BS issue with YOUR network?

Userlevel 1

I think I figured out what the issue is after looking at multiple blacklisting sites, the issue looks to be happening due to there are no reverse DNS records for the T-Mobile IPs, if a reverse DNS record does not exist for the IPs sites will blacklist the IP thinking it’s a botnet.  For example, my home T-Mobile IP right this minute is 172.59.104.208, if I do a nslookup on this IP address:

C:\Users\XXXX>nslookup 172.59.104.208

*** XXXX can't find 172.59.104.208: Non-existent domain

What should happen is this, which happens for an AT&T IP address:

C:\Users\XXXX> nslookup 107.77.199.13

Name:    mobile-107-77-199-13.mobile.att.net <-----------------
Address:  107.77.199.13

So the issue is with T-Mobiles DNS servers, DNS reverse records are not working or are not setup for theirs IPs.

Has anyone from T-Mobile looked at my comment, I really think that is the issue?

I get this every day all day on my T-mobile home internet, any computers or phones connected to it, and also on my iPhone when on T-mobile 5G.

If you have not already, it might be a good idea to call T-Mobile support as well to make sure a ticket is opened.

I called and of course, they blamed Google, said they never heard of a problem like this, and there was nothing they could do.

I made them open a support ticket.

I have had the problem since August with lots of different IPs.

Userlevel 1

We stopped getting the captchas a couple days ago and haven’t seen it since. Hoping it stays this way - it was about time.

Userlevel 1

We stopped getting the captchas a couple days ago and haven’t seen it since. Hoping it stays this way - it was about time.

I stopped getting the captcha a few days ago, didn’t want to come here and say anything because I didn’t want to jinx myself until I was absolutely sure it was gone for good, but it seems like they must have finally fixed it! Fingers crossed that it doesn’t return.

Userlevel 1

Today is the first day I haven’t gotten the error … yet

I have this issue too. New to TMHI.  How do I get it to stop???

After a bit of hold time and a few different techs…  I was told to factory reset my gateway, they didn’t seem to have a method for releasing my Public IP from their side.  After the factory reset, I did get a different IP from T-Mobile, and at least at first blush I seem to be off the google naughty list for now.

So, if you know how to factory reset your gateway, give it a go.  I would recommend logging your IP address before and after so you know that its changed and can correlate that to improvement on your google search abilities or not.

I have this issue too, just got my device. NW Ohio 172.58.123…

How do I open a ticket? 

It’s been happening for the past month in southern Michigan - started, stopped, then started again

All of the above for me in Toledo, Ohio area … SO, has there been a resolution?