Badge

how can i find out whos connected to my home internet

icon

Best answer by henry51 11 November 2023, 17:38

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@sindyb, in the TMO HI app, open the “Devices” tab (at the bottom).  There, you shoud see listed all the devices currently connected to your network.

@sindyb, in the TMO HI app, open the “Devices” tab (at the bottom).  There, you shoud see listed all the devices currently connected to your network.

The app is very unreliable.  It either shows nothing found -- or----

4 IOS 15 iPhones (we have one  IOS 16x and one IOS 17x phones)And two other devices that are legitimate---then shifts to ‘Let’s Get You Reconnected”

Meanwhile, my computer IP Scanner shows **8** devices (plus the router) --- with 2 additional “unidentified device”. That is right now -- I have seen several more unidentified devices at other times.

Who/ what are these mystery devices? I don’t know.   Because the T-Mobile app does not give me internal works access, I cannot control /chase down . I cannot rename any of them (My phone, Wife’s phone, irrigation, barn camera, -- whatever). I cannot allow/block by MAC address---   😡

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@gregneg, my Arcadyan KVD21 is connected by Ethernet cable to my TP-Link router.  I have disabled the 5G gateway Wi-Fi.  Therefore the my “Devices” in the TMO HI app only shows the router.  In my router’s app (Tether) I’ll see all my devices connected to the router by Wi-Fi.  However, before I connected a router to my TMO 5G gateway all my devices would show correctly in my TMO HI app.  Some weren’t named correctly, but all the devices were listed.

@gregneg, my Arcadyan KVD21 is connected by Ethernet cable to my TP-Link router.  I have disabled the 5G gateway Wi-Fi.  Therefore the my “Devices” in the TMO HI app only shows the router.  In my router’s app (Tether) I’ll see all my devices connected to the router by Wi-Fi.  However, before I connected a router to my TMO 5G gateway all my devices would show correctly in my TMO HI app.  Some weren’t named correctly, but all the devices were listed.

My T-Mobile router is the black Sagemcon router.  I may try the add my own router to see how that works..

I don’t see an obvious way to disable the T-Mobile wifi ------ which I suspect is where/how  the mystery connections are coming in.    

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@gregneg, you can disable the 5G gateway’s Wi-Fi with the HINT Control app (in the Google Play Store).

Or you can run a script as explained in this Tater Nater YouTube video.

@gregneg, you can disable the 5G gateway’s Wi-Fi with the HINT Control app (in the Google Play Store).

Or you can run a script as explained in this Tater Nater YouTube video.

Sorry, but I am in a different world (Mac and IOS) -- and I am not programmer/script translator.  

strongly feel that this is a T-Mobile user interface issue that they are failing to address.

I am seriously contemplating reverting to my somewhat slower wired ISP

Can I find out what device is listed as 33ce on who's connected to my wifi? It keeps showing up and I want to know who's it is

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Ashie,  “...what device is listed as 33ce

those are the last four digits of the device’s MAC address.  For the devices the TMO HI app doesn’t recognize by name it displays “Device (xxxx)”. The MAC address can often be found printed on a sticker  affixed to the device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

or try to bump it off the network and see who comes in and complains lol