Question

How To Login with Home Internet Only

Userlevel 1
Badge

We recently switched internet providers to T-Mobile.  We do not have any cell phones with T-Mobile.  Apparently, since we do not have a T-Mobile phone number we are not allowed to access the website.  We did sign up for paperless billing and autopay but if I need to change either of those settings I’m in trouble because I cannot sign into our account.  How on earth is this acceptable?

Does anyone have a workaround to providing a T-Mobile phone number in order to access my account on the website?

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

You should be able to use the phone number assigned to the gateway. To find that, use the T-Mobile Home Internet app. The number should be listed under “Internet line number” on the “Home” page of the app. Any text messages T-Mobile sends for confirmation should be visible on the gateway’s screen.

You can also use that number to sign up for T-Mobile Tuesdays if you’re interested in that.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for your reply, Darko66.  

I have tried using the gateway’s phone number to no avail.  When I enter the gateway number the error message I receive is “...we don’t recognize this email.  Please provide the email you used when purchasing your T-Mobile service.”  

I am using the email address that I provided the store when I purchased the gateway and started the service.  I get the emails from T-Mobile letting me know that my bill is available for viewing but cannot get past the phone number requirement.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I think others have mentioned that problem. This poster mentioned a possible solution, but not sure if it worked for anyone else.

Why was I assigned a phone number if I was only getting the home internet? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

You can call Customer Care at 1-800-937-8997 to set up bill pay.  As part of the process, they might send a text message (code) to your gateway.  You can read the message from the gateway’s panel.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I think others have mentioned that problem. This poster mentioned a possible solution, but not sure if it worked for anyone else.

I’ve tried this multiple times yesterday and today.  No luck.

This is ridiculous.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Update:

After speaking with customer service, again, I have had to switch to paper billing so I can at least LOOK at what T-Mobile is charging me per month.  If I want to change my autopay settings that will require another phone call.

While speaking with the representative I verified, yet again, my email address.  The rep sent a PIN code to my gateway device, which it received, and I verified.  So, why can’t the online system recognize my email address and allow me access to my account?

I have exactly the same problem that I cannot create a tmobile account ( due to I use tmobile home internet only and my cellphone operator is not tmobile). I was told by tmobile customer service that this is a known issue that is not likely to be resolved soon. Because of this issue, I can not claim $50 switch to tmobile award virtual card, as well as not able to receive refund virtual card for Early Termination Fee from Xfinity that tmobile promised to refund in their promotion.

I have had this same problem since sept and still can’t log in and see my bill I also still have not received my 150$ rebate that I was told I would receive when I signed up. 

Thank you for your reply, Darko66.  

I have tried using the gateway’s phone number to no avail.  When I enter the gateway number the error message I receive is “...we don’t recognize this email.  Please provide the email you used when purchasing your T-Mobile service.”  

I am using the email address that I provided the store when I purchased the gateway and started the service.  I get the emails from T-Mobile letting me know that my bill is available for viewing but cannot get past the phone number requirement.

Just call, be patient and nice.  First CS rep will try but you will most likely be elevated to a tech & they will get you going.  This was my experience.