Question

New Home Internet customer, what a mistake. Poor performance.

• 5 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I signed up for T-Mobile Home Internet service yesterday. It has not gone well. The setup and config of the Arcadyan KVD21 gateway is pretty much plug and play. I positioned the device upstairs in the window sill pointing in the direction of a 5G tower within a mile of my location.

Performance was poor. I could not get anything better than 30-50 Mbps download speed. Today the connection has been a horrid 5-10 Mbps.

Device has been rebooted and moved without change.

It’s been bad to the point I reconfigured my TV and one notebook to use my existing 200 Mbps cable connection. I’ve call “support’ without sucess. The international call center is inept. Initially I was told the tower in my area had technical issues that may take up to 2 days to resolve. A few hours later a ‘supervisor’ called and all issues on their side were resolved. Speed tests on the TV show about download speeds of 10-15 Mbps making the connection unusable.

I realize I have a 15 day no cost period to try but this service is bad and the support is nonexistent. There has been rampant indifference from T-Mobile.

Is there a pathway to a reach a competent T-Mobile support engineer to assist?

1 reply

You should be ecstatic!!  I can get <1mb most of the time and have yet to be able to connect to 5G.  “They are working on the tower” is the stock reply. I have 2 months free service so far and if this does not improve, Bye Bye T-Mobile...Paying for two ISP’s is not a good deal!!!!