Rain

• 14 August 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

I’ve had T-Mobile Home Internet service for 4 days now. Day 1 was great! Day 2 was not so good. Had to call customer support. After an hour they got me back in the game. Day 3 was OUTSTANDING! Day 4 started out great. Then came the clouds and rain and no signal! Even my phone only has 1 bar of 5G. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, how did you get it fixed? By the way, I’m in Rock Hill, SC

6 replies

Hi Ryan,

Before I speak about rain, here has been my experience. South side of Wichita Kansas here. Had this service for about 2-3 weeks now. When running speed test, the download speeds are like 180-250 MB/s, which is great; however, my pings are high to the point where online gaming does not work 80% of the time and I disconnect or lag. When I load Youtube, I see gray boxes (where the videos are) before it actually loads. It’s quite slow most of the day. Once in a while, the home internet would drop completely and when I switch over to my phones 5G hotspot, it works great and could even online game. I’ve called support and they said they are upgrading the towers by the end of September 2021 near my place. The switching over to my phones internet and using it as a hotspot during the home internet drops makes me believe that 5G home internet would work fine after their tower upgrade. I’m just holding on until then or I am going back to my original provider, Cox. Anyways, big rain storm came in last night the home internet dropped completely for like 5 hours and came back. Makes me just want to go back to Cox internet if I can’t use internet during heavy rain. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I’ve had T-Mobile Home Internet service for 4 days now. Day 1 was great! Day 2 was not so good. Had to call customer support. After an hour they got me back in the game. Day 3 was OUTSTANDING! Day 4 started out great. Then came the clouds and rain and no signal! Even my phone only has 1 bar of 5G. Has anyone else run into this issue? If so, how did you get it fixed? By the way, I’m in Rock Hill, SC

Had this month ish and the other day during the downpour I was actually waiting for it to go out. It was coming in buckets flash floods all over and I was surprised it did not go out and I had 70ish download speed.

I have had mine for two weeks.  I am getting great speeds of over 500, but when it rains, it still knocks me out.  I never knew that would be the case. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I have had mine for two weeks.  I am getting great speeds of over 500, but when it rains, it still knocks me out.  I never knew that would be the case. 

Odd I thought I would have that issue but had it for several months now and even in pouring rain still works I was surprised.

I live one mile away from the T-Mobile tower when it is sunny. The speed is OK but not even close to what they promised me at 600mbps. I’m on trial but I don't think I will keep it since here in Florida  is rain and storms most of the days the internet speed drops considerably. Nothing to compare with cable spectrum which is a reliable speed that is what you need when you are working from home. Thanks but not thanks for $50 a month. For this same price you get 300 Mbps always stable and reliable internet service with spectrum.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

This is an interesting topic.  I was just reading this week how raindrops can interfere with internet connections.  It hasn’t rained since I got T-Mobile Internet.  I wish it would because it hasn’t in a few weeks.