Question

Trouble Connecting: Intel Core i7 Laptop Can't Detect T-Mobile WiFi Network

• 1 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hey everyone,

I'm encountering a frustrating issue with my Intel Core i7 laptop and T-Mobile WiFi network. Despite being in range of the network, my laptop just won't detect it. I've tried troubleshooting on my own, but so far, no luck.

Here's what I've attempted:

Restarted my laptop multiple times.

Ensured that the WiFi adapter is enabled and functioning properly.

Verified that other devices can connect to the T-Mobile network without any issues.

Checked for any software updates or driver issues related to the WiFi adapter.

Despite all my efforts, my laptop still fails to detect the T-Mobile WiFi network. I'm at a loss as to what else I can try.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems with their Intel Core i7 laptop https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/d/i7-laptops/  or any laptop model, for that matter? If so, how did you resolve it?

Any insights, tips, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help!

Warm regards,

emilyawalker

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try splitting the 2.4GHz and 5GHz into their own broadcasts.  Set the channel for each instead of leaving it on auto and lower the security to WPA/WPA2. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

If your laptop is older, it might have trouble with the default network.  I have a 12-year-old (!) desktop with a Core i7.  It is so old it would never see a 5 GHz network.  I was able to connect it to the gateway’s default network, but the data speed was painfully slow.  I created a dedicated 2.4 GHz network with WPA/WPA2 security, which has worked just fine for my ancient computer.  It’s been 10 months, and I haven’t had to mess with it since.

My setup, which I recommend for everyone, is to leave the default gateway settings alone (you can rename the network and change the password.)  Use it for any and all devices that will connect to it and work well.  Create a second network which is 2.4 GHz and WPA/WPA2 security.  Use this for any devices that don’t like the default network.  After getting everything to work, make this second network Hidden - because it is definitely less secure than the default.  You shouldn’t need a dedicated 5 GHz network, because devices that are new enough to work on 5 GHz should be fine on the default network, which will select the best band.