Question

Very Limited access to the router via web browser on win 10.

• 28 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

I notice the web GUI has very limited access to the router. If I want to poke a hole in the firewall (home security system) port forwarding and other stuff I’m completely out of luck. U can’t even change my SSID via Chrome. On another note, Amazon and many other sites are rejecting my log in saying I’m in another state. WTH? 

Anyone having the same issue?

Thanks  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

I would say you have the Arcadyan or Sagemcon gateway. The only way to manage them is with the T-Mobile home internet mobile application. The web browser interface going to 192.168.12.1 will not provide more than a very limited view of what is going on. It is a shame as using a browser is totally doable but T-Mobile has chosen to NOT support the management via a browser interface. The older Nokia still has it but not the two newer gateways. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

You cannot do port forwarding due to T-Mobile’s CGNAT solution. There is limited configuration capabilities as the options are limited and the interface to do configuration with the two newer gateway models is via the mobile application.