Question

Weak signal!

• 24 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I upgraded the windows in myhouse from single pane to double pane windows and now I get only 2 bars. I was getting 3 before I upgraded my windows.

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

That’s interesting.  My home has all double pane windows and they don’t seem to cause any problems.  My signal is almost always 3-bar good, except for when it goes to 4 bars for a short while.  The thing is 4 bars always means I am having interent connection problems, or my speed has gone too low. Have you tried relocating your tower?  Mine is no more than a foot away from an upstairs window.

My place is stone throw away from the beach. I walked everyday & bike. Every time I do my routine exercise, I have to go or   stop where signal is available for me to call. I look the bar signal & its 5G! Tnx 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I upgraded the windows in myhouse from single pane to double pane windows and now I get only 2 bars. I was getting 3 before I upgraded my windows.

Simple solution.  Go back to single pane glass windows.  Certain types of windows can reduce or block cellular signals.  Obviously double pane leads to a thicker window.  Mesh, glazing, and chemicals that can reduce light coming through will also help degrade cellular signal.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

“Simple solution.  Go back to single pane glass windows.”  IMHO it will simpler (and cheaper) to keep the double pane windows and have only two bars.