Question

Upgrade and Phone Number Eligibility

Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

I was looking to upgrade some of the families phones and it looks like now you have to see if your actual phone number is eligible for upgrade?  WTH is that about?  I thought it was always about having had your current phone for a certain amount of time to then be able to upgrade.  Who gives a rip what my number is??

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There's no contracts so all lines are eligible to upgrade.

I had 2 equipment installment plans on my line at one time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have gotten upgrades on one line and used the device on another.  If you agree to a payment term, then sometimes that line the term is attached to will not be eligible for another upgrade until that term is complete.  You can always buy out the term but you will more than likely lose any discounts and promotions associated with that term.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Having the phone for a certain amount of time is extremely important, but there are other factors that can change your upgrade situation. If you’ve had the phone over 2 years and it is fully paid off, the order flow would ask for the phone number to make sure the account is in good standing and the phone number that you are trying to finance or use the new phone on is not suspended or cancelled. If you’ve had the phone for more than a year but not quite the 2 years, then the phone number would be required to verify that you have the Jump! option that is usually bundled with P360. Without Jump!, the options for trading in your current phone changes. Another benefit of providing the phone number is that the order flow will automatically check for any promotions that you might be eligible for and automatically applies them to the phone number during the order. 

It might seem like an annoying extra step, but it is built in to offer a lot of benefits, so you don’t miss out on important opportunities like trade in options, promotions, and more.