Website is not accepting Trade-in Devices with a Zero Dollar Fair-Market Value (Self-Service) or Crediting the DCC Charge

• 17 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I wanted to take advantage of the

Smartphone Trade 240039 P669 online via self-service.
Also because it was waiving the activiation cost.  I tried over 10 devices, and 4 different device upgrade workflows and none would work on any promotion if the trade-in device has a $0 fair-market value. The process is successful if the device you are trading in, has a trade-in fair-market value of $5 or greater, which is the lowest I have seen it. I know it is a bug because this didn’t used to be an issue in the past(trading in any device, even if the trade-in value was $0).

This increases customer contact(unecessiarily). Instigates a store visit to complete the upgrade which subjects the customer to cramming and other liabilites associated with in-store transactions. While I have you, why can’t business customers ship to store/store pick-up like consumer accounts?

Improve self-service: Provide us the option to add a “down payment” towards any amount we want to finance on EIP. Why stores are only allowed to do this annoying. Why stores are ony allowed to apply the fair-market value of your trade-in towards your EIP finance amount is another pain point. I don’t want some random dollar amount or change on my bill if I can control what I Am financing or paying the better, I hate random weird bill amounts. For example, the device is $168, they will give you a $5 “bill credit” well 168/7 is 24 months; 163/24 is an ugly number and just stupid - just put the $5 towards the EIP or just keep the $5 and make it a simple even number - at least give us this flexibility if we are that detailed about or finances and billing.

I really don’t understand why it seems like they are against self-service, yet complain about customer contact and hold Agents to unreasonable NCI/NPI or whatever the ‘metric’ is.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I did it online just fine.

What devices are you trying to trade in?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I did it online just fine.

What devices are you trying to trade in?

Your respone was too vague so I’m not sure if you comprehened what I posted.

I was able to get it done at the store, the store rep confirmed the issue as I stated in my initial post. For the particular promotion when the fair-market value is $0 it won’t accept it online for some reason and gives that error message I posted in the initial thread. Even the store rep needed a manager override to accept the trade.

T-Mobile would be wise to streamline this process for us so we can use self-service more consistently. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I did it online just fine. I was checking to see what devices you used. I was just wondering 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I did it online just fine. I was checking to see what devices you used. I was just wondering 

Ok