Question

2 hours wait for Customer Service

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • First activity
  • 0 replies

What is going on with Tmobile? I have noticed all my phone call from Jan 2023 that it is getting longer to get a hold of customer service. First it started 30 minutes  then 45 minutes and it keep getting longer on wait time to get a hold of Customer Service. This March 2023, I called 3 times and I have to wait for more than 2 hours. I have to hang up the first 2 calls coz I was waiting for more than 2 hours and I have to go somewhere. My last call was  2 hours and 3 minutes then my call got dropped. YIKES!!

I have been with Tmobile for 25 years now and This is the worst I have experienced with Tmobile. It looks like they focus on getting more new customer and forgetting about Customer Service..

Anyone experienced this? 

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have never experienced this.  If I need to speak with Customer Care or Support.  I call at 7AM ET.  5 or so minutes is the longest I have waited.

Just a few years back, T-Mobile was lauded for its prompt, efficient customer service that embodied the very essence of what customer care should be about. My personal experience with their service was sterling; I could get a representative to attend to my concerns within five minutes. In instances where the wait time threatened to stretch longer, T-Mobile ensured to offer a callback option so I wouldn’t need to wait on hold.

But lately, it seems like there's been a change of tune. As I try to reach out to T-Mobile’s customer service, the hold times have drastically increased to 45 minutes or even longer. It was an abrupt and stark contrast to the level of service I was accustomed to, and I was puzzled about what could have instigated such a change.

To determine if this was an isolated incident or a new, overarching norm, I tried calling at various times of the day: 7 am, noon, 5 pm, and even as late as 11 pm. But irrespective of when I dialed, the result was consistently disappointing – wait times stretched over 45 minutes, without fail. This stark shift made me wonder about the root cause, sparking a theory about T-Mobile's call prioritization system.

To test this theory, I decided to call from my work number, a number powered by Verizon. The outcome was startlingly different. The moment I made the call, my call was picked up almost instantly, as if I had been catapulted to the top of the queue. This was a surprising revelation. Was it a coincidence, or is T-Mobile actually deprioritizing calls from specific customers?

In the telecommunication industry, where the competition is cut-throat and customer service forms a major part of customer loyalty, such a practice, if true, is quite disconcerting. If my experience is not unique and T-Mobile is indeed implementing a system that deprioritizes their own customers in favor of prospective ones, it could potentially erode the trust of their existing clientele.

To draw a conclusion, it's important to note that this is based on personal experience and is not reflective of the experiences of all T-Mobile customers. However, if other customers are experiencing similar issues, it could potentially indicate an organizational shift in T-Mobile's customer service practices. In an era where customer-centric service models rule, it is essential for organizations to prioritize serving their existing customers efficiently while they strive to win new ones.

While this experience has been less than ideal, I hope that T-Mobile addresses these concerns promptly. As an existing customer, all we demand is the level of service we have come to expect and are entitled to. A swift response and a reasonable hold time shouldn’t be a privilege – it should be a standard.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

thankfully everyone in here isn’t restricted to calling TMO only for support. You can also contact them through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter..most prefer this since it starts you off with tier 2 support instead of the call in tier 1 support.

Badge

I have just been transferred over from Sprint. My first time calling their customer service and I was on hold for an hour, after being told via their system that the wait was 5 minutes. Even getting on the chat was an hour to just get nothing done, then get transferred to a different person. I have never experience customer service this horrible. I am seriously considering switching to a different carrier altogether. I was hopeful the merger would be a good thing, but it has quickly proven to be a nightmare.

I have been on the phone for more than three hours in the last two days. For the last nine years, I have had T-Mobile. Now, I am going to leave. It seems like they don’t answer questions and just leave me on hold eternally. Good grief, they are the worst.

Words can’t describe how much I hate Tmobile.. it used to be a call back option to not wait and for the last 6 months that disappeared and now long hold times over two hours. I pay 160$ a month for my service and expect more! How can they take away a feature and make you wait now? It’s unbearable it gives me such anxiety waiting. They even added a totally insulting comment like thanks for your patience, hang tight, see if you can make that tune”” like it’s a game or something messing with customers time! I hate you tmobile! Not to mention our information was compromised not once but twice and the hacker that did it was all over the news saying how easy it was to break in .. I can’t wait till I can switch carriers just a few more payments and I am finished with this company!! 

Their service has become horrible. I’ve been with T-Mobile for nine years, and I’ve reached the end of my rope with them. Service sucks, ridiculously long whole times when you need to speak with somebody my average wait time has been between 30 and 40 minutes. Their app never works…. I could keep going, however, I feel everybody’s pain who’s having issue with T mobile.

I sent an email to 2 top execs, and an escalation guy reached out to me. He pretended to have no knowledge of this issue. He promised to pass it up to senior management. Months later I’m typing this while waiting on hold for over an hour. Oh well I tried.

Waiting for over an hour for T Mobile to answer their lines….WELL AS LONG AS THEY GET PAID IS THEIR MAIN CONCERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DYSFUNCTIONAL??????????????????????????

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Last Tuesday I called 611 and got straight through to a nice lady at the Birmingham call center. I have no explanation of the differences in out experiences.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Waiting for over an hour for T Mobile to answer their lines….WELL AS LONG AS THEY GET PAID IS THEIR MAIN CONCERN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DYSFUNCTIONAL??????????????????????????

you can also contact them through either Facebook or Twitter..this starts you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 support agents.

I recently upgraded to the go5g plus plan, everything changed, after reading reviews I decided to test if the argument about large call volumeswas consistent. I decided to outside peak hours during the given time periods 1:00 am, 5:00 am, 7:00 am, 11:00 pm. The results were the same. My wife has a business line it took her 5 minutes to get through. Armed with this information I confronted them, Customer service informed this was a business line so they had dedicated services for such customers. Now the next set of test run was to use 4 different customers on the magenta plan which I don't believe is offered anymore. All phones that I used got through to a live agent within 10 minutes. Another observation made was each were given the option to have their call returned by the automated system. The stated wait time by the system was 30 minutes, but call were returned within the following time frames 10, 13, 12, and 7 minutes. I am uncertain  why I am paying more money but having substandard customer service. They informed me they would document my concern and get back to me. I am still waiting and will be conducting more tests, I have few more friends on the old system that haven't change their plan I need more data to draw a stronger conclusion. But if this is the case it would be very unethical.

Like the OP, I’ve been a customer of Sprint / T-Mobile for close to 30 years, but that is about to change.  Told to wait for over an hour today for a callback.  Get the callback then wait another 15 minutes to get the agent on the phone.  Sprint customer service was NEVER like this.  You are paying people next to nothing in the Philippines or India or wherever, so hire more people!  Like others have said, customer service is a huge aspect of dealing with a telecom company, and given that I literally only call into them to make phone or plan changes, or fix some issue they caused, every 3 years or so, and this is a far cry from how good Sprint was, very disappointed to say the least.

Service is garbage 

45+ min wait time to speak with a representative

Half hour wait, hung up, called back for a going on two hour wait

Is T-Mobile out to lunch?