Assurant will not let me get my screen repaired

• 23 January 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge

I have a Samsung S20 FE 5G & I cracked the glass but not the screen, I went to file a claim & Assurant won't give me the option to have my phone repaired at the CPR store in town even though they said they could if I had my claim code. The difference is a New Phone at $99 deductible or repair the screen at $29, of course they want me to replace my phone but I have tons of music on my phone I don't want to lose & why can't I just get it repaired? They have given me the run around whe calling saying there's not a center in my area & then when I said there is they said they cannot fix my model, even though the store told me they can. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Check to see if you have an iFixIt store near you. They are part of Assurant and do screen repair.

Badge

Yes there is but Assurant owns CPR & but they won't give me the option when filing a claim to get it repaired.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

When my wife broke her screen on her pixel she just took it there and they replaced it for free.

Badge

Ok thanks for the info, I will try them.

Here to explain my experience using Assurant. And let me tell you it was the worst experience ever!!

So I haven’t done a p360 claim in 3 years (around 2018)  but before, when you went on the website you could file the claim, then choose if you wanted to go the shipping route or find a third party like Assurant, Best Buy, or even go to an Apple Store to get same day screen repair. Because you know T-Mobile says Apple care is included with p360 WRONG. The typical 12 month warranty is included not Apple care. I recently needed a screen only repair and now on the website your only option is to do shipping so I call their 866 number for assurants  customer care, and they said they can’t book an appointment at an Apple Store my only option I have to go through the sell phone repair store (Assurant) which I really didn’t feel comfortable with. 
 I preferred to just get my 14 pro max screen replaced at Apple you know the people who make the phones. I was desperate and took the Assurant store appointment over in Sanford Florida.

I go bring in my perfectly good working iphone 14 pro max the only thing wrong with it was  a crack on the front screen. I go to the Assurant store location 214 French ave in Sanford Florida I come back 2 hours later to pick up my phone and they tell me the power button doesn’t work. So they have us waiting 30 minutes trying to figure out what’s wrong with the phone for the techs to say “oh this is a software glitch I hear this happens all the time with iPhones 14’s.”

Now I’m the biggest Apple enthusiast not only that, but I sell phones I work in sales so I know what glitches phones have and that’s not one. So I use my Apple support app since T-Mobile and Assurant can’t help me book an appointment at Apple with my so called “included Apple care with p360” when I get to an Apple Store they said the people who fixed my phone cutt the flex cable that controls the power button.(hence why my power button wasn’t working)  And the iphone on the inside was under the screen it was missing several screws

I literally had to get a whole new phone  because of the negligence in the assurant cell phone repair technicians and I’m pissed. Called to get a refund for my deductible and they will be mailing me a check for it since assurant were the ones to damage my phone even more and I had to get a whole new 14 pro max at Apple.

But my point to this is T-Mobile really needs to partner with a better 3rd party insurance company I’m so disappointed with my whole phone repair experience. I never wanted to go to Assurant ever again and you need to update the whole we include Apple care because it’s a lie even Apple said I need to purchase Apple care. The only thing covering me was my 12 month warranty. 

I have a Samsung S20 FE 5G & I cracked the glass but not the screen, I went to file a claim & Assurant won't give me the option to have my phone repaired at the CPR store in town even though they said they could if I had my claim code. The difference is a New Phone at $99 deductible or repair the screen at $29, of course they want me to replace my phone but I have tons of music on my phone I don't want to lose & why can't I just get it repaired? They have given me the run around whe calling saying there's not a center in my area & then when I said there is they said they cannot fix my model, even though the store told me they can. 

Dan1648,

They just gave me the same story. Theres's no place that has the capabilities to fix my phone. Come on in a City the size of Oklahoma City there has to be at least one store. They just want more money. 

Dan1648,

They just gave me the same story. Theres's no place that has the capabilities to fix my phone. Come on in a City the size of Oklahoma City there has to be at least one store. They just want more money. 

Perhaps it’s rising to the point of Assurant facing a class action lawsuit. I have read my contract. They advertise a $29 screen replacement but not only don’t provide that option but they have no information as to what situations/cases would qualify for the $29 screen replacement. They require a $99 deductible and the phone to be sent in. I’ve been looking into this issue for a while and it’s looking like false advertisement. 

Our local CPR store just pulled the same with me today.   They will not honor the terms that I signed 3 years ago when I began paying the insurance premiums.    They’re requiring me to pay the full deductible for a phone replacement.   

Yup, they tried to do the same with me. They continued charging me insurance when there was literally zero benefit to me because they disclaimed due to “age of the device”. They changed the terms of the agreement after the fact. It won’t help you now but I strongly believe they should face a class action lawsuit or at least be investigated due to their practices. Their “insurance” is pointless unless you are paying off your phone with installments. Sorry. I know how mad I was while dealing with them. Totally felt scammed.