Solved

Camera Privacy

• 14 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

I received a phone update, I guess a month ago and after the update I tried to use my “phone camera” and a “Forced New Requirement” states I can’t use the camera on the phone unless I give permission for the camera to have access to “Microphone and Nearby devices”.

This is an “Invasion of my Privacy” and is not needed or required to take a picture.  Samsung and T-Mobile are trying to invade everyone’s privacy by forcing this  requirement down the peoples throat.  It was not like this when I bought the cell phone and I will not give you permission to have access.

I request this update be removed from my phone or given an option.  I would like to file an official complaint concerning this matter. Regards, Privacy Matters 

icon

Best answer by nc1037 14 June 2024, 16:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Most likely, your post here won’t get the attention of anyone at T-Mobile. This forum is almost all peer-to-peer support.

T-Mobile probably has nothing to do with this. It sounds like it’s in the phone’s operating system (OS).  You might want to seek out Android and/or Samsung forums (perhaps on Reddit?) to see what others are saying.

I have never seen anything like this on my iPhone.

Badge

Do you have Samsung Galaxy 21?  Others have complained on the internet about it and the reason I did is because of what you recommended, which is maybe seek out Samsung forums. Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

No, I have an iPhone.  There is an Android forum here:

Android | T-Mobile Community

but it’s not as active as this one:  

Samsung (reddit.com)

Edited to add this discussion from 2 years ago:

Phone Camera now requires Nearby Devices Permissions : r/samsung (reddit.com)

Badge

Hi,

Thank you for responding.  Point is, T-Mobile should not support this issue with Samsung.  No company should require or demand that I provide access to any of my devices unless I agree to it, which I don’t.  T-Mobile should see this is not a correct thing to do or support.  Should I also be forced to connect to Nearby devices out in the public and get hacked or worse.  Either case, this is not acceptable.  Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi,

Thank you for responding.  Point is, T-Mobile should not support this issue with Samsung.  No company should require or demand that I provide access to any of my devices unless I agree to it, which I don’t.  T-Mobile should see this is not a correct thing to do or support.  Should I also be forced to connect to Nearby devices out in the public and get hacked or worse.  Either case, this is not acceptable.  Regards,

You need to check the EULA or end users license agreement that dictates what can and cannot be done with the software on the phone. The OS is owned by Google so that would be the first step. Samsung just week's it.