Solved

Can't Access Phone in Google Devices

• 24 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

My sister as a Samsung Galaxy A13 we got her, she is on my account; she somehow messed up logging in to her phone with her pattern and it’s asking for a password. She couldn’t remember the password, but somehow she was able to log in to Google Device Manager but can’t see her phone listed.

T-Mobile can’t seem to do anything to help her without me being there, but she’s in another city, is there anyway to factory reset this phone so she can at least use it? This is beyond frustrating that I can’t do anything about this situation, nor am I able to get help from T-Mobile without being in the same city.

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 24 May 2023, 23:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

even after a factory reset she will need her pw. she’ll have to sign back into everything including Google to load everything back onto the phone.

you could make her one of the primaries on your account so she doesnt need you there physically to get things taken care of. not sure what limitations you can put onto it though.

Badge

She was able to log in to Google Device Manager, but her old A10 (the previous phone we bought her) was the only one listed. I can’t see specifically why she can’t get in to her phone, but I told her to use a pin number next time instead of the pattern unlock, something she can tell me easily that I can remember for her. She was in a coma a couple of times, and due to the reasons of her being in a coma, caused short term memory loss, so it is a bit tedious when these things happen.

Badge

Okay, was able to see her phone in the Google device manager, but it says it can’t locate the device, so now my sister is unable to schedule her transportation to and from medical appointments. This is exactly what T-Mobile said we had to do to unlock this phone, but it’s a dead end. Anyone have any ideas?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did she lose her device?  Location needs to be enabled for Google to be able to locate the device.  If the device is now out of power.  You should disable the SIM card and blacklist the device in your account.  Then go to a T-Mobile Store and get a new SIM and purchase a new device.  If you had insurance on the device.  File a claim but a replacement might take a week or more to arrive.

Badge

She didn’t lose it, she locker herself out of it, she is in a different city, and I’m trying to help. Her phone doesn’t show up on Samsung’s locate either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Even if she locked herself out of it.  She can still charge the device.  T-Mobile will not be able to remove the PIN or pattern that secures the device though.  She will either have to remember it or potentially use her Google or Samsung password to gain access to it.  If she doesn't remember those.  Then factory resetting it will trigger Google's Factory Reset Protection and require her Google Account to sign in to setup the device once again.