Solved

Can't change Caller ID name

• 29 January 2021
  • 15 replies

Badge

I went to the following URL to change my caller iD on 2 of the lines.

https://my.t-mobile.com/account/profile/line_settings/caller_id

After 72 hours, it is still not changed. Why can’t I change my caller ID?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 16 January 2022, 18:14

View original

15 replies

same here. We bought 4 new lines, business lines, for our business...but can’t change the caller ID names? Why would we want our business lines to have our personal names on them, TMOBILE? 

They won’t allow our requested change, we keep trying, they keep switching it back to my personal name, ON A BUSINESS LINE.

About to be an EX tmobile customer.  Had various cell phone carriers for 15 years now, never had this problem before. can’t even CHAT HELP, have to CALL THEM. 

I regret switching carriers.

Same here. The online tool pretends to accept the new name. If you go back to the name change page, the old one will still be there.

I’m having the same issue. One of the lines on my plan is my wife’s business and although I changed it on the app, it keeps returning to my name. This is not a small problem. She can not have my name on caller ID when she calls out. We were promised that this wouldn’t happen when we purchased the lines. If they can’t fix it, we are going to Verizon. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Give Customer Care a call.  They can get this done for you.

A year later and this is still not fixed.   Sad. 

Yup, still not fixed. Why not take down the page or fix it? 

@syaoran I don’t want to have to call customer care. Why can’t they fix this problem? It affects every customer. RSVP

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@syaoran I don’t want to have to call customer care. Why can’t they fix this problem? It affects every customer. RSVP

It isn't fixable because that isn't how the system works.  The name you can see and change in your account for each line does not affect the caller ID name for that line.  That can only be changed by Customer Care and the T-Force Team.

It isn't fixable because that isn't how the system works.  The name you can see and change in your account for each line does not affect the caller ID name for that line.  That can only be changed by Customer Care and the T-Force Team.

Oh gee, how silly of me to think

Change Caller ID

Your Caller ID name

This is the name people see on their phone when you call them.

You have successfully changed your Caller ID name.

Does exactly what it says. I guess I’m an uneducated fool. Thanks.

I am having this same issue. I was originally a sprint customer and was forced to T-Mobile. Sprint NEVER had this issue! Talk about a downgrade sheesh

My Sprint family account was moved over and T-Mobile switched all Caller ID names to mine. I went on-line to edit them and it does not save. I just called support and they told me to click the Save button and then to NOT hit the Back button shown by T-Mobile in the interface (why is there then?). They also told me it takes 72 hours to switch. They are calling me back on Friday to confirm. A lot of work for a simple issue that should never have become one. My second issue in two weeks. 

Also having this problem. Why does the page even exist?

I am also experiencing the same issue! It looks like I will have to make yet another hour long call for a simple request! 🙄 Is anyone able to confirm the update happened after 72 hours when the change was submitted by phone?

I am also experiencing the same issue! It looks like I will have to make yet another hour long call for a simple request! 🙄 Is anyone able to confirm the update happened after 72 hours when the change was submitted by phone?

I had to call twice. The first call did not effectively change the caller ID.

Same issue, 

I called customer care 2 times, waited way more than 72 hours every time. 

No change even though they stated that the issue will be 100% fixed. 

I believe there is some kind of limitation when changing caller ID that customer care is not aware of.