Question

"Can't verify information" to purchase accessories on app or computer

• 1 December 2021
  • 10 replies

Badge

This is extremely annoying and not the first time it’s happened. I’ve been a customer with T-Mobile for almost 10 years. I’ve bought multiple things online, through customer service, and in stores. I purchased an Apple Watch earlier today. Boom! No problem. I try and purchase some accessories and keep getting an error at the end of the transaction that, “information can’t be verified transaction is cancelled please visit a T-Mobile store or call and speak to….” T-Mobile has no problem when I want to spend $500 on an Apple Watch when verifying my information or paying by bills. Any guidance provided would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

10 replies

Badge

Facing same issue since last 2 months and did not receive any resolution from tmbile yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

with the data breach a while back they might be playing it safe and want to verify its actually you ordering it. one thing ordered no biggy...multiple after the fact and it might have flagged it internally.

Badge

It kind of is a big deal because if you’re adding a line and have to go into a store it costs $45 on top of everything else. 

Badge

Just ran into this today as well. WTF? I’ve been a T-Mobile customer since 2008 and my first Android phone - a G1. Not even telephone support could resolve the problem. This is annoying as Hell, and I’ll have to pay an extra $30 to complete the order in person.

If this is a result of the data breach, then its on T-Mobile, not its customers. T-Mobile should pick up the cost of the in store visit.

Badge

Just ran into this today as well. WTF? I’ve been a T-Mobile customer since 2008 and my first Android phone - a G1. Not even telephone support could resolve the problem. This is annoying as Hell, and I’ll have to pay an extra $30 to complete the order in person.

If this is a result of the data breach, then its on T-Mobile, not its customers. T-Mobile should pick up the cost of the in store visit.

I wound up having to do it over the phone. I got my S22 Ultra about a week ago. It’s amazing because their site never has any issues at all when it comes to paying the bill, then it works flawlessly, but when you want a new device it’s as if they’re saying “Try Verizon instead”. 

I’m having the same issue in the app so I went to the store they still had the same issue they called and the same issue… 3 cards later I still haven’t been able to make the purchase

Same with me tonight.  Tried to add a line to my plan to save myself the $30 and once I entered my payment information, I got the message that my identity couldn’t be verified and my order was not completed.  So annoying.  If I have to go to the store and pay the $30 for each of the lines I want to bring over to T-Mobile, forget it!  

Me to! I've been trying to upgrade one of my phones for 3 days now,  using my usual method of payment. It can accept the same method of payment for my bill,  but won't accept it to upgrade? I'm getting extremely irritated with this company

I have the same issue. “we weren't able to verify your identity and can't complete your order online”

Went to the T-Mobile Store and the manger said he never heard of it!!!

He said he will upgrade and wants me to Pay $30 for processing fees.

Just spent 11 hours on the phone dealing with this exact same issue. Complete and absolute garbage customer service. T-Mobile can’t verify my address. The address of the home I’ve owned the entire time I’ve been with T-mobile. Yet somehow, a couple months ago they were able to magically deliver an iPhone 14 pro max to that very same address that they can’t verify. 2 months before that they were magically able to deliver an iPhone 13 weird eh? Spent my entire day being run in circles and hung up on. Sent in google earth images, google maps, Apple Maps, photos of official mail from the county with my address, photos of me on the street next to the street signs with my address! and still they couldn’t verify my address. 
 Was finally able reach a competent human who also wasn’t able to verify my address but was able to use the local US post office address and ship my package there, but nooooo he couldn’t use my PO Box that I have at that post office of course that wouldn’t verify either, only the US post office address. So now my package will go to the post office without my PO Box number on it so hopefully someone at the post office that knows who I am will receive the package and put it in my PO Box instead of shipping it back to T-mobile. Neither my home residential address or my PO Box address was able to be verified. Even though T-Mobile has shipped me devices to both of those addresses in the last 4 months. UNBELIEVABLE!!! As soon as the next gen phones come out I’m dumping this garbage company and never coming back.