Question

Customer Service / Upgrade issues

• 2 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 1 reply

When we upgraded our phones, the agent told us we would get $400 and $700 for our trade-in phones.  T-mobile now is giving us $5 and $35 for the phones.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I spent 4.5 hours trying to take care of two issues and got nowhere.  The agent that was “helping” me was helping others and actually pasted their conversation into my chat.

A different issue: We had a phone break and now T-Mobile and Assurant say they never received the phone and are charging us over $1000 on our bill this month.  They say the are looking into it but I don’t believe it.

T-Mobile says they care about veteran’s but the way I was treated today was ridiculous.  

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

It’s hard to say what’s going on exactly without knowing exactly which offer you’re redeeming. (Sorry, we just have a lot of them) To me, sounds like you might be doing the Up to $800 off with trade on Magenta MAX. If so, there’s some terms and conditions as well as steps you need to follow to redeem the offer. I’d check out the iPhone’s Deals page. Click the Up to $800 off with trade on Magenta MAX link next to the green tag image to see if that’s the offer you were getting. There are certain eligibility and qualifications that need to be met in order for you to get that deal if that’s the one you’re looking for. 

Badge

I’m telling you that the agent that got us to upgrade our phones told us we would get the $700 and $400.  (It was a promotion in October so not the $800).  I spent 2.5 hours on the chat only to have the tech just go round and round without helping us at all.  There has been no resolution to this situation yet.  We met all the qualifications of the promotion at the time.

How can we find someone that will actually help us and not waste anymore of our time?