Familywhere is only showing 3 of my 4 lines

• 25 August 2017
  • 10 replies

I've been using familywhere for a few years now.  Last night one of my 4 lines disappeared and no longer appears in the app.

I've attempted to add it back via settings> add family member and I'm getting an error message saying there are no other phones on my plan.  Please help!!

10 replies

Userlevel 3

Hey, @nodramamama​! Sorry to read about this FamilyWhere trouble, and sorry for the delay in reply here -- I hope you haven't been worried for the last few days! Have you had any luck getting the line added back in the app? Have you completed any software updates recently that might have revoked the permission for FamilyWhere to look at your address book?
I also wanted to check and see if this is affecting MyT-Mobile, too -- do these steps to add the line back on the site work: I can’t add active lines to my FamilyWhere account. – T-Mobile FamilyWhere customer support​? Let us know how that goes!

- Marissa

I have signed up for familywhere and it only gets you to the nearest cell tower. Totally useless when tracking a teen. Sprint had a tracker that was right on target, the exact spot.

Userlevel 4

nodramamama - Just checking in here to see how things are going. Please let us know if you still need help 

magenta1625781 - Were the devices you were having trouble tracking iPhones by chance? If so, location data for iOS devices is limited. Only the approximate location (i.e., the nearest cell tower) of iOS devices on your account will display in FamilyWhere. If you primarily use iPhones on your account, you may want to look into Apple's "Find My Friends" app.

Userlevel 3

Hi @nodramamama​! Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. Please let us know if you're still looking for that fourth line!

- Marissa

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Just checking in here to see if you still need some help. Please give us a holler and let us know how things are going. Thank you.

I agreee...and will not help you add lines.

All but one of my kid's lines are showing up on Family Where when I click to add it says there are no other phones when there clearly is, all lines are labeled with our names. How do I add the last line?

SAME ISSUE IN 2020: Well, I just added Family Where to my account and only 2 lines show. When I try to add the 3rd line from my Family Plan via the app, it says "There are no more lines in your T-Mobile account." What's more, I don't even have an option to add it using the Where website, either.

Called Cust Care. Said it was a TSG issue. Tech Support admitted he wasn't familiar with the product. He then kept asking me questions I already and easily explained. Needless to say, there was a lot of dead air, no empathy, no World-class Customer Service, and most importantly, NO RESOLUTION. QA score would be a ZERO and possibly disciplinary action for dead air and then disconnecting my call. I worked T-Mobile CC from 2003-2012 when they closed the call center. Never had a bad experience until, now.

Called back and got a lovely Cust Care rep who was very positive......15 min in....dead air and she dropped the call. This time I got a text from T-Mobile saying they knew the call dropped and would receive a callback, shortly. It's after 1a.m. That never happened.

Summing up. Others have had this same exact problem. Why doesn't Family Where recognize that there is a 3rd line on the same family plan, on the same account, forever. Heeeeeelp...thanks in advance if anyone has a fix.

Mine just did this same thing the other day and now I can’t get that phone to add back.
I’ve been using it for almost a year now and it had all 4 lines and all of a sudden one now disappeared. When I try to add it back it doesn’t even show as an option to add it like that line doesn’t exist on my account.  They have no problem charging me though.

Mine is a similar problem. It shows my phone, my 1st daughter's phone, and even my 1st daughter's apple watch (which I read it shouldn't be able do) but it does not show my 2nd daughter's phone. It do not show my 2nd daughter's phone in the app or the website but it shows all phones under regular account information both app and online. From reading all of the complaints, this looks like this is a 5 year problem that should have been fixed.