Question

How do i switch phone to another line

• 20 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

So I have an open line on my account and I want to switch my iPhone 12 to that account cause the line it’s currently on is my roommates line and she got an iPhone 13 that she wants to use. I was told the last time by customer service that I can do this within the app, but I can’t seem to figure it out. Can anyone help me?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If you are moving a line from one account to another.  You and the PAH need to contact T-Mobile to do a Change of Responsibility.  The easiest way to get this done, is if you both go into your local T-Mobile store.

If.you just want to take the SIM out of your device and give it to her and put the SIM for the spare line you have in it.  It's just that simple.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

your swapping phones but keeping the same numbers or are you trying to move to your own account away from the roomate? hard to tell what exactly youre trying to do here.

How do I keep my same phone number? I've tried everything and I can't do it. And there's another number instead of mine. HELP. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You are assigned a temporary number when waiting for a port in of a number.  When switching accounts, it shouldn't require a temporary number unless you are porting from postpaid to prepaid or prepaid to postpaid.