How to Activate Google Play TMobile Billing Online

• 6 October 2017
  • 26 replies

I've navigated all over this website and I still cannot find a way to activate the tmobile billing option for Google play for my daughter's number. Can someone please provide me with the link?

26 replies

Userlevel 3

Hiya, @magenta2812334​! Are you able to follow these steps on your daughter's device:

1. Open the Google Play Store app.
  2. Select an app or digital content item.
  3. Tap the price, then review and Accept permissions to continue.
  4. Next to the price, tap the Down arrow.
  5. Tap Payment methods.
  6. Tap Use T-Mobile US Billing.
  7. Review and Save your account information.

If you've already completed these steps and are seeing an error message on your daughter's device when she tries to purchase items from the Play Store and selects the carrier billing option, can you let us know what it says? Do you have a WebGuard or Family Allowances on her line by any chance?

Userlevel 4

Hey there! I just wanted to check to see if the steps above helped out! 😀

-Lauren

Hello, I'm having this same issue as well. Except when I try to choose charge to my T-Mobile account, it says, "not eligible". I used to be able to charge Google Play Store subscriptions to my account but suddenly I am no longer able to and without explanation.

Thank you

Hello.... im having this same issue. Ive tried the steps listed but the same error appears.

Userlevel 3

Hey there! I'm sorry to read that the steps didn't work -- I wanted to check in and see if by any chance you have Family Allowances on your account, either individually or because you're participating in Netflix On Us? At this time, carrier billing can't be utilized in conjunction with Family Allowances, which is a standalone service and also a part of the Netflix On Us promo -- so if those things are active on your account, then you'd need to set up a credit or debit card payment method for Play Store purchases.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

magenta3589883 wrote:

Hello, I'm having this same issue as well. Except when I try to choose charge to my T-Mobile account, it says, "not eligible". I used to be able to charge Google Play Store subscriptions to my account but suddenly I am no longer able to and without explanation.

Thank you

Did you turn on Netflix on Us?  If you did then it disables bill to account for the Play Store.

This is actually super helpful information!! I was wondering the same thing, as suddenly I couldn't pay for anything using my tmo account.  I didn't know about the netflix, family allowances thing and it totally answers the question.  I just wanted to say thanks for saving me a long call to customer service for this! I have Netflix on us and now I know!!!

I am having the same issue after changing my account to Military Magenta. I don't have Netflix on us, I tried removing family allowances and then adding a limit. These are the steps i am following 1. Going to Google play account 2. Click on menu(=) 3. Click on payment methods 4. Clicked on use t-mobile us billing. 6. Enable 7. sending account verification text to t-mobile-us 8. Error: you are unable to charge this purchase to your T-mobile account due to settings on your account. Please contact your primary account holder to modify your settings. [OR-DVASA2-02] and [OR-DRPSA2-01]

I'm not purchasing anything I'm just trying to add as payment method. I am also the Primary Account holder. I called customer service and it was temporarily "fixed" worked for me to add as payment method but still unable to make any purchases.  My service is horrible now, my phone keeps saying no mobile network when I try to call my husband who's is on the same plan as me. When he tries to call me it goes straight to voice-mail my phone doesn't even ring. I really need help. Also I have the S20 so it can't be a phone issue. 

Sorry for the rant. Thanks for any help. I just need some ideas on how to correct this. 

Hello, I bought a wrong item for $79 on Google Play then I refunded it. However, I can’t buy anymore items.  Are there anyway to change it?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Do you get an error when you try to buy something? If so, what’s the error?

Do you get an error when you try to buy something? If so, what’s the error?

A message saying: Payment unsucessful…..

I have Magenta Business account with $80 limited per line. T-mobile allowed me to do refund but I can’t buy any more item after I refunded. I already activated auto pay for my account.

“MAGENTA® FOR BUSINESS
Our signature unlimited business phone plan — as low as $30/line with AutoPay for 8 lines or more.”

Can buy only one time per month?

Please if help me!

i have a issue using t mobile us billing i want to purchase 26 dollars on a game and i click on the price than i click to enable t mobile us u have to accept and term condition and it took an hour to load and it loading and plus i didnt wanna accept there terms it give me a error like contact us remove the hold of your account or something i need sum help with this  

Vuess if you have netflix on us. With tmobile. And or share digits..its  o can do. That really lame.. seriously. I mean its my money. I pick and choose who i guve it too or what i buy. No carrier is in control of my money. I am

Can I activate T-Mobile billing on my iPhone 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Newer plans are different.  IF you are on an older plan then there is that restrictions.  You also can’t be on a no credit check, and/or prepaid plan to activate carrier billing.

I am also having a issue with adding T-Mobile billing to Google play I keep getting this error code

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

What

I am also having a issue with adding T-Mobile billing to Google play I keep getting this error code

What Plan are you on?  If you are on a no credit check or prepaid I believe those still will not work.  If you are on a legacy plan which you can either have carrier billing or Netflix active at a time.  

If you are on a family plan a person can turn off all carrier billing a per line basis iirc.

Having same issue only difference I am seeing t-mobilling is unavailable 

So if I turn off Netflix on us does that mean I can make purchases and bill to my Tmobile account?

Hello I'm having a problem charging monthly subscriptions to my account. I was able to do it before now I can't. It always shows unavailable 

Please help

I am having trouble re adding my t mobile billing option too and I was trying to purchase a book from the Google play store. Please fix this. Thx 

KomaruNaegi30 

magenta3589883 wrote:

Thank you

Did you turn on Netflix on Us?  If you did then it disables bill to account for the Play Store.

I am having the same problem I use to be able to use it now it says not eligible check settings main account holder I am the main account holder I did upgrade service but I took Netflix off please help

Hello I'm having a problem charging monthly subscriptions to my account. I was able to do it before now I can't. It always shows unavailable 

Please help

From my understanding, it's because you have Netflix On Us enabled on your line. I was able to charge to my T-Mobile account them all of a sudden a few weeks ago I couldn't. I came here to look and see if I could find out why, and that is the answer I came up with. I don't like it. Just because Netflix On Us is enabled, doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to charge things to my T-Mobile billing account. But it is what it is I guess. 

Hi

Badge

Please help

From my understanding, it's because you have Netflix On Us enabled on your line. I was able to charge to my T-Mobile account them all of a sudden a few weeks ago I couldn't. I came here to look and see if I could find out why, and that is the answer I came up with. I don't like it. Just because Netflix On Us is enabled, doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to charge things to my T-Mobile billing account. But it is what it is I guess. 

I agree! I tried days and waisted time when i could use it to charge. My bill is so much a month anyways and I should be thankful it will save more money I throw at this company. My bill is so much I can't believe it.