Question

How to get old phone number back for a day?

• 11 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I used my old phone number for a social media account and I need a 2-step verification text code in order to get back into the account. The problem is, I don’t have access to the old phone number since May 2021. I tried texting my old number but it is currently not in service. Is there any way for me to get my old phone number back for a day (or less than a day, e.g. an hour should be enough) so I receive the 2-step verification text code?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you will need to contact TMO either through calling or Facebook/Twitter..there is a good chance its already been recycled to a new customer..

I used my old phone number for a social media account and I need a 2-step verification text code in order to get back into the account. The problem is, I don’t have access to the old phone number since May 2021. I tried texting my old number but it is currently not in service. Is there any way for me to get my old phone number back for a day (or less than a day, e.g. an hour should be enough) so I receive the 2-step verification text code?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi where you able to get the number back my daughter is going through the same issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As long as the number is still available to be assigned.  You should be able to request to get it back.  It might be much less complicated though to just call the number or text them and explain what you need and see if they will just text you the code if you request it.

I've been going through a nightmare for months trying to get my business number back from Boost Mobile! They've closed the account and even though no one is using the number, it's been impossible to retrieve! I've even contacted the FCC about it to no avail! The closest to help I've gotten is through a site called Number Barn. They MIGHT be able to help me get it back. I'm waiting to hear from them. 

I just lost my email and the only way to recover is with an old t-mobile phone number. How can help me with this. The phone number is not in service anymore