Incomplete data transfer

• 24 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

On 3/22/2022 I upgraded my cell phone at the T-Mobile store in Howard Beach, NY. My Gallery (Files) were incompletely transferred to the new phone! I lost 4 years of family photos which obviously can never be restored. The T-Moble Rep. had adised me that the data transfer was accomplished successfuly beforeIi left the premises - WRONG!

I can find no option on the T-Mobile website to file a complaint or to advise them of a possible major defect in their data transfer procedures . This is really a frustrating experience, the first I’ve ever had with T-Mobile. 

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What type of phone? Usually the pictures are backed up to the cloud or other type of storage.

Badge

The old phone was a Samsung J 3.

Data was “supposedly” transferred to TMO REVVL V+.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Were you using google photos and do you still have the old phone?

If not and your signed to your google account open photos, tap on your initial in the top right hand then account storage and select manage storage. If you backed up then photos are stored there.

Badge

Gramps28:

IT WORKED !! Thanks very much for your advice. It’s really appreciated.

Redd

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm glad you had auto backup enabled and were able to get them back.

773 615 1393 was my T-Mobile number need help retrieving old picture save to T-Mobile account