Question

keep getting an "ineligible to upgrade" message

• 21 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I've been trying to upgrade my phone online for  a few weeks now. It let's me get to the page that says "pick which device you're wanting to upgrade" but after I choose my phone it will tell me  I'm ineligible to upgrade and to call someone to finish. I was on chat for almost 2 hours trying to figure out what the issue is but they kept telling me theyll just do it over chat, but I was wanting an answer to why I'm unable to online since I like to pick and choose what I'm adding on and what the total will be before I make a decision, but he would never answer my question. Does anyone know what the issue is?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

could be that they need additional verifications in order to proceed but usually they would kick you to one of the stores to get that.

Badge

I went to reddit and asked there. Multiple people said it's a website/app issue that they're just not trying to fix really so you'll have to either call, chat or go in if you want to upgrade. 

Were you ever able to get an answer to this? I've been trying to upgrade for months and keep getting this message.