Question

keep getting an "ineligible to upgrade" message

• 21 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I've been trying to upgrade my phone online for  a few weeks now. It let's me get to the page that says "pick which device you're wanting to upgrade" but after I choose my phone it will tell me  I'm ineligible to upgrade and to call someone to finish. I was on chat for almost 2 hours trying to figure out what the issue is but they kept telling me theyll just do it over chat, but I was wanting an answer to why I'm unable to online since I like to pick and choose what I'm adding on and what the total will be before I make a decision, but he would never answer my question. Does anyone know what the issue is?

3 replies

Were you ever able to get an answer to this? I've been trying to upgrade for months and keep getting this message.

Badge

I went to reddit and asked there. Multiple people said it's a website/app issue that they're just not trying to fix really so you'll have to either call, chat or go in if you want to upgrade. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

could be that they need additional verifications in order to proceed but usually they would kick you to one of the stores to get that.