Question

Making the switch from Boost mobile

• 29 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Is there any promotions/discounts for new cell phones through T-Mobile, like boost Mobile did for Virgin Mobile customers when making the switch?

Also I have a custom plan for being a loyal customer for around 15 years starting back with Virgin Mobile ( I would get special discounts for never letting my account default ). My question is, since I've been a loyal customer with Virgin Mobile into boost Mobile for a decade and a half plus, am I able to keep my current plan with T-Mobile if I make the switch? 

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Why would T-Mobile allow you to keep your Boost Mobile plan? Virgin Wireless was bought out by Sprint in 2009 and they did offer extremely tweakable "custom" service plans. Boost Mobile was a also a subsidiary of the Sprint Corporation but in July 2020 Boost mobile became owned and operated by Dish Network. T-Mobile did, in April of 2020, become the new owners of Boost Mobile but the merger between Sprint and T-Mobile was slowed by the United States Department of Justice, after it raised concerns over a lack of competition in the telecommunications industry. Eventually, Dish entered the talks and agreed to purchase Sprint assets, including its prepaid business. As for current promotions on T-Mobile though, you can find all the information here

Badge

I asked a simple question, and of course the first response is answered with a QUESTION!! Then started going off about unrelated crap like a one of those know it all fact checking 

This is a family friendly space, so I have removed the profanity. -HeavenM

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is there any promotions/discounts for new cell phones through T-Mobile, like boost Mobile did for Virgin Mobile customers when making the switch?

Also I have a custom plan for being a loyal customer for around 15 years starting back with Virgin Mobile ( I would get special discounts for never letting my account default ). My question is, since I've been a loyal customer with Virgin Mobile into boost Mobile for a decade and a half plus, am I able to keep my current plan with T-Mobile if I make the switch? 

Even if Tmobile let you keep your plan when you switched once you buy a new phone from them on a promo you would need to switch to a Magenta plan.

Badge

I asked a simple question, and of course the first response is answered with a QUESTION!! Then started going off about unrelated crap like a one of those know it all fact checking 

At least he/she didn’t ask a stupid question to begin with, don’t be ignorant to other users, if you don’t like their answer, move on. Being rude and obnoxious is not something you should be proud of being. I did like your “German Bags” comment though, shows your real intelligence level.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

for what its worth you would have known the TMO site here is peer to peer with TMO moderation to keep things in order only...(meaning any answer you get will be from another customer).. if  you would have done your own “know it all fact checking”.