Solved

My billing cycle was one day. WHAT?!?

• 27 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge

I just bought a phone and phone plan at T-Mobile on September 21st, 2017 and they've already sent a monthly bill for $92 that's due by 10/15/17 and is set to auto-pay 2 days earlier on a credit card. Under Billing Cycle it says September 21-22, 2017. Shouldn't I get a month long billing cycle first?

icon

Best answer by aschettler 29 September 2017, 21:56

View original

3 replies

I had this same thing happen when I first signed up for T-Mobile. My first billing cycle was 4 days, and it actually included the first month of service along with the prorated amount for the 4 days. Most carriers bill in advance for the next month's service as opposed to billing in arrears, so this is not uncommon.

I was surprised also. Att billed at end of period. the First page of my bill doesn’t show the actual service period being invoiced for. They instead show a 1 day period. Appears to be that They hide this on the 3rd page of invoice for some reason. customer service was unable to explain this to me. when I asked why I wasn’t prorated for 1 day of service and am being invoiced for a whole month when I only used a day, they cynically replied that their service isnt free.  Tmobile Needs to change communication on first bill to show service dates on first page and have customer service reps prepared to answer what seems like would be a common question.

Badge

Why would you get a one day billing cycle when the day you signed up started a 30 or 31 day cycle?  The flippant remark from the service agent is telling, as far as I am concerned.  It shows a total lack of empathy or concern for what is a very frustrating event.  Nonsense usually results in a less than happy customer who is left wondering what planet the help that he, or she, requires is coming from.

I got a full monthly bill for the month before my service had even started.  Trust me, seeing a bill for $118.00 which was for the month before I signed up…  left me wondering “what have I gotten myself into”?