Question

Now being charged higher installments? why?

• 18 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I tried many times to order the Samsung S23 Ultra  months ago and it never went through (Samsung and Tmobile had web isssues - well documented here). 

I finally did order it and got the 56$ trade-in and the $1k credit for Magenta Max.

However my account had a few trade-in requests pending - maybe from the orders that never went through as it took me (and others) weeks of trying).  I did mail my old S20 Ultra and they they said they got it and applied the credit.

However instead of seeing my  typical $8 monthly payment for the S23 there is now a 50$ charge. What the heck!

A few week ago a Chat rep said they would have to charge me the higher installments since my trade-in was not acceptable (the phone was perfect and they even sent me email about that).   But that credit was only $56.  They $1k credit was for being Magenta Max that lowered my installments to $8/24 months.  

What is going on with Tmobile?

CHat indicates an issue with my trade in. what!/  the trade in was perfect … Tmobile cannot reverse everything without proof!  This is outrageous… they can just lie about the trade in…. but it was only worth 56$ …… but they seemed to reverse the $1k credit for Magenta max also.

This sounds so much like a bait and switch.. Maybe the local State Consumer Protection agency will hear about this.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is primarily a peer help forum for customers to seek help from other customers.  No one here has access to your account.  You will need to speak with Customer Care by calling 611 from your T-Mobile line or reach out to T-Mobile via DM on Facebook or Twitter to get someone that has the ability to look at your account.

Badge +1

This is primarily a peer help forum for customers to seek help from other customers.  No one here has access to your account.  You will need to speak with Customer Care by calling 611 from your T-Mobile line or reach out to T-Mobile via DM on Facebook or Twitter to get someone that has the ability to look at your account.

Yes just curious if anyone else had an issue.. since so many of us had issues ordering this phone.

Just seems irergular that Tmobile can say the trade-in had an issue then upcharge a customer without the ability to return my older phone, etc. and send them back the new phone.

Seems the agents have fixed the issue. They say the trade in error was technical… i wonder… mabe it is becuase I complained…  anyway, seems they will provide the promotion back on.  I hope so.