Question

phone plans

• 17 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

My father used the Magenta shared plan since getting forced to, after Sprint/T-Mobile merger. I also had a sprint plan but decided to take one of his 4 lines and he'd pay the bill each month. I agreed and it worked out pretty well(except getting phone repaired thru added extra coverage to my line/phone #). My father, unfortunately, passed away in March, and now my phone service/line has been suspended! But I can't do anything involving the phone plan/line, because he was the only primary account holder, and the only one that was authorized to make any changes to the plan. I have no way to pay the bill and now fees. What do I need to do about just my line and phone #, to somehow keep service going for myself only. And I refuse to call into the  customer service lines, and sit on hold, or given the run around because they don't have a clue what to do about my issue, themselves. Will only do communications thru e-mail or text. That way I have a "paper" trail to back me up and for any transactions needing to be done, from both parties. NEED ANSWERS FROM SOMEONE, ASAP, AND WHATS MY NEXT STEPS TO TAKE OR WHAT I NEED TO DO.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It states in this link to call but you can try going to a Tmobile store or contacting Tmobile using messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/cancel-an-account-of-a-deceased-family-member

Badge

Thanks for the help and the link for me to try. Couldn't find that information on the home site of TM or anywhere else. Am I now responsible for the bill that's due? I'm trying to keep my ph # if at all possible when or if I can get the account closed. Do you know if that's doable or I'm gonna end up with a different # and my own account?

Thanks again for your help and for guiding me to the correct area of the web site to go to. Very helpful!