Question

Please help!

• 16 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

The report shared that customers can sign up for T-Mo’s Home Internet service and get risk-free for 15 days. If you decide to cancel within that time period, the Un-carrier will give you a full refund as a bill credit.  I tried it for 12 days and returned it. WHY am I being billed???? 

1 reply

Same thing happened to me. Supposedly they are supposed to issue you a credit after billing you. That never happened for me & they continued to bill me despite cancelling & returning the modem within the 15 days. Calling support only ended up wasting hours of my time & dealing with folks who either never understood the issue or never resolved it correctly.  I disputed the charges on my credit card & Tmobile sent me a notice stating I still owed them the money even though I cancelled & would send me to collections if unpaid.

Your best & legal course of action is to send a notice in writing disputing the charges, you must do that within 60 days of the initial charge (more info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Credit_Billing_Act) . Sending that letter is the only way to get protection if they continue to charge you. Based on what I have read, they will send you to collections as soon as they can. That letter will protect you if they do that.

The address to send the letter to is:
T-Mobile Customer Relations
P.O. Box 37380
Albuquerque, NM 87176-7380

I also filed a complaint with the BBB, that seemed to finally get them to zero out my account. No matter what, you must send your dispute in writing to that address. It is the only thing that will ever be legally recognized.

Good luck. 
I have no nice words to say about TMobile & I will never, ever be a “customer” again.