Solved

Port problem

• 13 September 2017
  • 5 replies

Hello. Four days ago I ported three numbers from AT&T. T-Mobile says the numbers are all active on the lines and AT&T has said that they have fully released the numbers. So far, none of our phones are working. Two still show the temporary numbers on the phones. One shows the ported number correctly, but no calls or SMS. Two can't do anything at all. Has anyone had this happen? Is it just taking a while to fully port? I am at a complete loss and T-Mobile can't seem to figure out what is going on either. I have spent the last two days on the phone with T-Mobile and everything that have tried has not worked.

icon

Best answer by tmo_amanda 16 September 2017, 20:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

Good afternoon, @peganng!

I'm so sorry that I'm just now seeing your post. Generally, the port can take up to 24 hours which you're clearly past. If it has been 4+ days, there may be an issue with the port. In this case, I recommend contacting our Number Transfer Center at 1-877-789-3106 and they are open 24/7. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

I switched yesterday from Verizon to T-Mobile, had 3 lines, two numbers ported over with no problem.  My wife's line the Tmobile port center told me that Verizon is showing my wife's number as a Tmobile number??? Craziness! Yet she still talks and texts and surfs on the verizon network with her phone.  They put a ticket in said it should be resolved today, still haven't heard any reponse and my wife's number still has not ported over.  When I asked Tmobile to call verizon to get it released, they refused and said they couldn't do that.  I've worked in the wireless industry for many years and never heard any issues that could not be fixed.  I'm hoping this gets resolved today otherwise, verizon will gain three lines back.  All 3 numbers were under my account same account number and pin.  No excuses they dropped the ball on the port.  On top of spending 3 hours in the store, they wouldn't even waive my sim card charge!

The damn acct number on ATT bill is a "Universal Acct Number"..... When you are porting your ATT number to someone else (my case it's TMobil) you must call ATT and get your phone's Acct number. Stupid idiots at T-Mobil waited 2 days to tell us this. They just kept sying "that's the wrong number"

I notice these posts are four years old. I am having the same problem today. I am trying to port a number from Verizon to T-Mobile. The number ported, but the phone does not work now. I spent about two hours on the phone with T-Mobile. They wanted to text me a code to verify the phone. How stupid. The phone doesn’t work. They refuse to email me the code. They say I have to go into a T-Mobile store. I do. The woman there says she has to text me a confirmation code. I again explain that the phone doesn’t work so I can’t get the code. She too won’t email me. I show her my ID. She says she needs to sell me another T-Mobile phone and charge me a  non-refundable service charge to give me a phone to which she can text me the code. No, that isn’t going to happen. She says I have to call in again to T-Mobile. I ask her if she would do that for me while I’m in the store. She refuses. I go home and call T-Mobile again. The same Merry-go-Round. Now, I need to get T-Mobile to port my number back to Verizon so I can cancel this nonsense. What a bunch of absolute idiots!

I got the same issue today. I transferred 5 lines to T-mobile in different times. The first 4 lines did in store quickly and successfully. But tonight the lady in store did the transfer and she told me I need to wait for 2 hours to be activated. I questioned her why other 4 phones didn't transfer like this. She told me each day is different. I trusted her and came home. But not working at all and I called the t-mobile and they couldn't send me the code. I had 4 active lines already and still they couldn't send me the code. They asked me to go back to store tomorrow.This is my son’s phone who is super busy in his work with this phone. He is so frustrated and I am not sure what will happen tomorrow. If not working, I have to transfer back to Verizon for him since he needs the phone for his work. so frustrated with this process.