Solved

remove number from Scam Block

We are a business that offers follow up surveys to customers after they've interacted with us.  We ask permission for the user to allow us to call them.  Our number is showing up as "Scam Likely" to people using T-Mobile.  What are the steps to get this corrected?  We understand the value of this feature, and we want to ensure we're following expected behavior as well.

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 22 May 2017, 22:29

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3

Welcome, @anztenney​! As a business, we rely on customer feedback as well -- I'm sorry to read that your client base might be worried when your survey call arrives! You can report the need for this correction here: T-Mobile Scam Call Reporting​. Hopefully our support teams will have you back on track for your feedback in no time!

- Marissa

I work with a large well-known public company, and we offer a service whereby consumers views our website, and if they want to interact with one of our customers, they call the number on their online lead form.  In order to track our results, and to avoid posting our customer's personal phone numbers online, we contract thousands of Call Tracking Numbers (CTNs) that we then assign to each of our lead forms.  

Consumers only calls these numbers if they want this specific information, but our customers with T-Mobile or Metro PCS are seeing the messages as  'Scam Likely', so they're not answering calls from these legitimate leads. (We could provide any number of leads per day to them, but potentially they wouldn't see any of them.)   How can we avoid this?

I see that we can provide a list of numbers to you to have white-listed, but our list of numbers constantly changes as our leads go on and offline.  I'd like to speak with someone on the phone if possible and we can provide more specific information, and discuss a potential solution.

- Julie

T-Mobile's SCAM ID process analyzes the way calls are originated. Calls that are "daemon dialed" en masse are likely to be flagged. The best way to avoid being flagged is to originate the calls one-at-a-time. You can also let the people who volunteer to receive your calls know that the calls may be flagged as "SCAM Likely" and to turn off SCAM ID and blocking.

Today I found out that my work number is also flagged as scam likely.

Specifically its a number that I've used for months, and assigned to me by the CRM software that we use.

Today a customer informed me he didn't answer the phone because his phone says SCAM LIKELY and found out that he has Tmobile as well.
Ironically, 99% of the time, calls made to and from this number are forwarded to my personal TMOBILE phone.

This designation is seriously going to hurt my business especially with my customers who are referred to me if every time I try to call them back it says I'm trying to scam them!

I submitted feedback to the scam call reporting link but it doesn't feel like this issue is going to be fixed.

Do you guys fix the designation when the feedback as received?

What else can I do as the owner of the number (and a long time tmobile customer) to make sure this gets fixed?

I have not been able to pay my bills because all of the numbers used by my international bank are being blocked. These are non returnable numbers..which only send out SMS alerts. I have spoken with support and the matter was escalated, but that was about nine days ago.
I have a list of about twelve numbers that weren´t blocked until sometime in the past months, but there are many more. I need to pay my bills, and somebody at T Mobile has to do their job.  All of these calls emanate from Spain.

So I get that TMObile has their algorithms but here's a scenario for you. I missed several calls from my wife today. Who's on my phone plan. With T-Mobile. For 3 years! I would recommend having your database scrubbed of #s serviced by TMobile. Or at the very least, don't block #s on the same plan from calling each other .

Today I accidently put the BYU phone number (801)422-6214 on a scam reporting list and this number and colledge is Brigham Young University is lagitament. The numbe has to be removed from the scam alert  or list. 

Thank you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is a user to user forum with some Tmobile moderation that don’t have account access.

You need to try the link in the correct answer.

I’ve got a good one for you.  Calls from Robins AFB in Georgia are being flagged as Scam Likely.  The base is the only users of (478) 926-xxxx - I would suggest flagging the whole exchange as legitimate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If the recipient adds your number to “Favorites” in the Scam Shield app, the calls will ring through. 

I had to do this for my financial advisor’s number.