Question

Set up proxy number through Digits?

• 18 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’m trying to get a proxy number through the DIGITS app. I have downloaded the app and signed in. The only option I see to get a second number (what I assume is the proxy number) is to click on “add a DIGITS line”  which then informs me the cost is $10/month. I just want a proxy number that I can give out instead of my personal phone # -  not a $10/mo 2nd line. What am I missing?

3 replies

It looks to me like you need to have a “Magenta” or “Essentials” account type before you can have one for free but I could be wrong.

You have to call customer support in order to get a Proxy By Digits number, they have to add it to your account.

However, I don't know whether or not your account needs to be on Magenta or Essentials, so I can't comment on that.

Badge

I just added a Proxy by Digits line thru T-Force. I’m on the Essential’s plan. They said it can take up to 24 hours for it to be activated on my account and for it to show up on Digits app. T-Force also needed my debit card info for this even though there is no charge for this. I don’t understand that but ok.