Solved

splitting the accounts

• 3 October 2018
  • 6 replies

4 lines on account, me and my wife and 2 kids. I want to change this one account into two separate accounts. on one account me and my wife on the other both kids? How can I separate the accounts?

icon

Best answer by magentatechie 3 October 2018, 16:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey there! That's a great question!  Splitting up the accounts will involve what's called a "Change of Responsibility".  You will need to initiate a brand new account and request that the 2 lines that you are wishing to separate be moved over.

Please bear in mind, that you will have to sign new EIP agreements if you are making payments on the devices associated with the lines of service to be moved, and if you are on a JUMP! On Demand lease, the payments will not be able to be moved at all, and will have to remain on the original account.

Transfer account or line ownership

I wanna Me and my wife separated 2

Badge

Hey there! That's a great question!  Splitting up the accounts will involve what's called a "Change of Responsibility".  You will need to initiate a brand new account and request that the 2 lines that you are wishing to separate be moved over.

Please bear in mind, that you will have to sign new EIP agreements if you are making payments on the devices associated with the lines of service to be moved, and if you are on a JUMP! On Demand lease, the payments will not be able to be moved at all, and will have to remain on the original account.

Transfer account or line ownership

I know this post it a little older, but I am hoping that someone may still be listening. I just want to make sure I understand this. I am asking because we have many lines, but I was told that I am “maxed out” at 5 data lines. We have 12 voice lines, 3 watches, 2 tablets, and a hotspot. If I could have two separate accounts, then it would be great because I could have more tablets and/or watched. Thank you for your time and help. 

I have 3 lines on my account and I want to take one of the lines off my account and separate it to another person so that person can pay for it 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to do a COR and the primary account holder and the person taking ownership of the line both need agree to it.

You can do this by calling into Tmobile.