Solved

T DIGITS , NO SMS .

• 5 September 2017
  • 8 replies

digits is the worst thing you can install.. i have installed t-mobile digits and now I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY SHORTCODE from banks, uber, whatsapp, nothing!!!

worst yet, t-mobile people have no clue what to do.

stay away from t-mobile digits.. i will change my simcard number!!

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 9 September 2017, 17:09

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Are you using Android or iOS?

IPhone 6s plus. If you have any workaround I would be really glad to learn. Thanks n

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

There are many threads regarding this problem but basically it seems to be many compatibility issues with digits and iOS. That team is working on a fix and I'm hoping they are considering iOS 11 is due soon.

@tmo_amanda

Userlevel 4

Hey there! At this time, most short codes will not be delivered to the DIGITS Web Client, DIGITS App, Data with Paired DIGITS, DIGITS Talk and Text or LineLink DIGITS lines. This does not impact T-Mobile short codes and a few others that are already compatible with DIGITS (e.g. Facebook, Twitter). I use short codes with my bank so I totally understand where you are coming from. The good news is that we are aware of this issue and it is only a matter of time before we can get this resolved. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Any update on this?  I just started using DIGITS recently and have noticed shortcodes still do not come through.

Badge +1

Hello tmo chris,,

3 yrs and still the issue is not resolved don't you get tired of always giving your canned replies how abuot a solution. 

Hello tmo chris,,

3 yrs and still the issue is not resolved don't you get tired of always giving your canned replies how abuot a solution. 

The newer replies just say short codes are not supported at all and never will be.

Badge

Messages from SOME senders -- INCLUDING FROM T-MOBILE --  never come through. For example, if I am logging in on your t-mobile.com website and the site determines it needs dual-factor authentication, it sends me a message that I never get.  Same is true with most other websites when it comes to dual-factor codes coming in.