T mobile billing is garbage

• 5 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I honestly don’t think the reps we talk to can read English. I’ve been told that I would get a 3rd line for free back in Aug 2023 and so far T-Mobile has consistently charged me for the 3rd line. Every time I call, they take 20 min to read the memos from previous calls about the same topic, says the issue will be resolved and just how sorry they are about the hassle. 

I’m about to call them for the 8th time about the same issue and expect to take an hour to resolve the issue that should’ve been fixed 6 months ago and 10 hours of call before.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So you added a line in August of 2023, and you say it's been 6 months? Sounds like 3-4 months at the most.

Isn't it hilarious when a man with a HEAVY Indian accent says “Thank you for contacting T-Mobile, my name is JOHN, how may I help you?"

How were you offered a free 3rd Line?!

They don't care about their customers. I’ve been one for 10 years, and they did NOTHING when my iPhone was stolen, then I got back, but it was put into an Activation Lock by the guy who stole it. 

Were you a “New Customer?"

Not sure what your “Free 3rd Line” was, but RIGHT NOW the Ad says “Free 3rd Line” to New Customers ONLY, on Go5G Next plans "With Monthly Bill Credits,” plus taxes and fees. $35 device connection charge. Credit may take 2 Billing Cycles. 

You said it was in August.. so it should appear by November or December I would think? Definitely December at the latest.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Isn't it hilarious when a man with a HEAVY Indian accent says “Thank you for contacting T-Mobile, my name is JOHN, how may I help you?"

How were you offered a free 3rd Line?!

They don't care about their customers. I’ve been one for 10 years, and they did NOTHING when my iPhone was stolen, then I got back, but it was put into an Activation Lock by the guy who stole it. 

are you saying he shouldnt have an American sounding name?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Classic TMobile. We just left them after over 2 decades because of stuff like this.

• “Free” promotion doesn’t work (spend days on the phone to fix)
  • They lost our trade-in (spends weeks on the phone to sort it out)
  • They “accidentally” change our grandfathered plan when we ordered a watch (spend weeks on the phone to fix)
  • They received another trade in but the rep didn’t apply the promo correctly so we have to call in EVERY month for a bill adjustment
  •  Our credit card is hacked thanks to their breech ( months with T-Mobile, banks, state and feds)

The final straw was when they changed the autopay rules and increased our bill by 50% for all the add-on lines. So long TMO.

Also I’ve spent a lot of time in India and have never met a natural born Indian with an accent named “John”.  I suspect they try to get offshore reps to Americanize their names to make customers feel more comfortable. How exploitative! Can you imagine your employer making you do that?  In India it is common in the call center because there are no rules or protective laws to prevent such measures by the big multinational corps.