Solved

T-Mobile Chat

• 26 December 2022
  • 27 replies

Show first post

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Who ever heard of a cell phone service without chat? People say there’s an option but I never find it. If you try to call, you’re on hold too long….got other things to do. I was able to find chat on my phone, but my messages always fail.

Can anyone offer some advice as to what I may be doing wrong? I have never had a problem chatting on anyone’s service.

text the number +1 (800) 866-2453 that’s there live chat number 

I love the idea of being able to send a text instead of having to wait on a phone call or having to keep an app open to stay connected. You are on the right track, but the phone number is the wrong one. 

Any T-Mobile customer can send a text message to 611 from your T-Mobile phone and get help from our messaging team. So much easier than trying to remember the long 1-800 number. 

Try it out and let us know how it goes 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

In some locations .. you may need to use the 611/SMS number.  Eg. a few years back, in Estes Park, CO, service was soo poor (decent signal, but unusable) packet loss was at +90%.  Calls through 611 wouldn’t work, and the App was stuck in limbo trying to load.  SMS was still usable.

Similar occurs if you’re roaming - AT&T roaming ≈ 2G ‘at best’ , and services/connections will timeout.