Solved

TM contact after death - what to expect

• 19 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

My cousin died unexpectedly at the end of August 2023.  I contacted TM and paid by phone for two more months of service for his individual post-paid account so that his sisters could continue to access information in his phone as they settle his affairs. The CSR who took payment said that TM would be calling me on Sep 23 btw 8-10am to follow up, but didn’t know the purpose of the follow-up call.  Can anyone shed light on what TM will be wanting to achieve with that call? TIA! 

icon

Best answer by gramps28 19 September 2023, 14:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile most likely wants to know if you plan on canceling the account or take it over.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/account/cancel-service

Badge

You were correct, Gramps -- that’s what they wanted, thank you.  And just FYI, the gal who called said that the CSR who took my payment for service through mid-Nov should not have done so, as they only allow 4 weeks maximum before suspending service unless someone else agrees to take ownership of the account.  She said she’d refund my $ and call back in two weeks for a decision as to whether anyone in the family wants to take ownership of the account.  Hopefully we’ll have it figured out by then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That is text book customer support when calling about canceling a line. They always ask if you know anyone that may want to take it over the line. They did it when I canceled my watch line.