Solved

Unable to transfer my Tombile phone to a new Tombile phone on upgrade!

• 25 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

Want to keep your phone number?

Enter your number below to see if it can be transferred to T-Mobile.
Phone number ###-###-####

Sorry, this T-MOBILE USA, INC. number can't be transferred to T-Mobile. We‘ll provide a new phone number after your purchase complete.

This makes no sense and must be bugged?

icon

Best answer by cjake 26 September 2021, 02:18

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

If the number is already a T-Mobile number.  It can’t be ported in because it’s already a T-Mobile number.  If you are already a T-Mobile customer and want to transfer your number to another account.  You can reach out to Customer Care at 611 for more information and to potentially get that process started for you. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I upgraded to a new iPhone 13 Pro Max.   All I had to do was move the SIM card from my old iPhone 12 Pro Max to the new phone.

Badge

It wont let me select the upgrade option to to move the phone and tells me a new number will be setup! personally I dont want to go through that whole issue as the last time I transferred I had the same problem and it charged me for two accounts for two lines.

So no unless TMOBILE provide the option to move a TMOBILE phone to TMOBILE upgrade I wont be upgrading unless as everytime I have gone through this process they have totally cocked up the upgrade!! Last time I told them I had enough, so i want to see the option on the upgrade path not relay that I wont be charged for two accounts.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you buy the phone through your Tmobile account? Your account is tied to the sim and not the phone.

Badge

Yes of course I think I said that in my last response 

I have the essential 55+  plan and its 2 lines and only 1 line has service. 

Badge

Can you not use the same sim card from an SE to switch to the iphone 13 Pro?