Why can't I get 3 line magenta for $105?

• 4 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

The website clearly says I can, but me and my wife are 55+ but I visited a local store twice and called today also, but was told I could not get the $105 for 3 lines on a 55+ magenta! but clearly the website says I could! 

1. Unlimited 55+ Discount Cell Phone Plans for Seniors | T-Mobile  it says here one can get 3 lines
  2. Here it says both new and old customers can get it. but at the store I was told only 2 lines are allowed and when I said a friend has signed up it I was told only for new customers!  and today another friend signed up the same thing!  “

All existing and new T-Mobile postpaid customers who are 55 years of age or older are eligible. To receive this discount, proof of age is required. New customers can sign up at their local T-Mobile store with government-issued ID. Existing customers can sign up by calling 1-800-T-Mobile or by visiting a local retail store.

Yes! Customers on a Magenta Unlimited 55+ or Magenta MAX Unlimited 55+ plan can have up to 4 voice lines on their account. On the Magenta Unlimited 55+ plan, 3rd and 4th lines are $35 each line per month with Auto Pay. On the Magenta MAX Unlimited 55+ plan, 3rd and 4th lines are $40 each line per month with Auto Pay. Customers can add additional lines by calling 1-800-T-Mobile or by visiting a local retail store.

so what I am missing! how can others can get it but I was told no? I am currently paying $124 for 4 lines but I do not use the fourth line. So I would rather pay $105 for 3 lines + free netflix.

why do they give me a runaround when the web says clearly there is one such a thing: 55+ magenta for $105 total (including taxes and fees0 for 3 lines?   (do they have my age wrong?).

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I now suspect this is because I have a prepaid plan, and the eligibility above says “ All existing and new T-Mobile postpaid customers” are eligible.

if this is true. it still makes no sense!  why discriminate prepaid customers?