Question

Adding a new phone number without getting another phone

• 9 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

How can I add a line to my existing phone?  I don’t want to have to buy another phone but need a new number.  I don’t want to change my existing number because I have given it out to the doctor’s office, dentist office, many other medical providers for my spouse, my bank, etc and it would just be so complicated to change it. But I need a number local to another city in another area code but in the same state.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried going into your MyTmobile account and try adding a line with no phone needed.

Badge

Thank you for your response!  I did try that and discovered that the only way to do that is go through T-Mobile DIGITS.  It was extremely difficult to get set up, it took a couple of days at a couple of hours each day to simply download the DIGITS app and create an account for the device that the second number was going to be added to and it is up and running.  It helps to have people in Customer Service who can actually be understood and have the knowledge to get the job done.