Question

Android 14 Update for Samsung Devices

• 19 October 2023
  • 39 replies

Badge

When will the Android 14 update be available for the Samsung galaxy devices?

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

When it is ready!  I just received the beta 8 for the S23 Ultra this morning.  One UI6 with Android 14 is coming along slowly.  Obviously, the s23's will see it sooner than older devices.  

Good question. I still haven't gotten the update. Yet those on xfinity mobile has, like do you realize how pathetic xfinity is? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Android 14/One UI 6 has been released for the B model running on UK and a few other EU countries.  The U, U1, and W models for North America still haven't received the update as of yet but should start getting a staggered rollout starting next week.  The final version that has already been released overseas is our beta 9 for North America, which still has a few issues.  

There's only 8 betas for s23 ultra N.America from what I'm seeing legitimately everywhere and multiple people are providing proof that the release on other networks is out. Not for t mobile though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There's only 8 betas for s23 ultra N.America from what I'm seeing legitimately everywhere and multiple people are providing proof that the release on other networks is out. Not for t mobile though.

Let me show you why those people are wrong! 

Now, like I said before as an official beta tester for Ssung.  The final release, which is North America's beta 9, was only released to EU models (918B) in select countries. 

U, U1, and W models do not have a final update yet!  There are a few issues that are being worked on and will be fixed in the final release, which is expected to be this upcoming week, if there isn't any other reasons to delay it.  

T mobile plays too much as it is. Samsung too....

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Carriers have very little to contribute to any devices firmware outside of carrier aggregation settings, APN settings, and bloatware.  The only reason the final release has not been pushed to any US or Canadian model, is because of the issues Samsung is working on.  When it is ready, Samsung will push the update to us official beta members first, then it will start to rollout for everyone else a day or so later.

I know I'm just impatient... waiting on that s24 ultra but all they showing is the zfold lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am also.  That's why I enjoy beta testing. 

The s24 Ultra is coming along nicely.  There are leaks on YouTube showing off some solid details.  It should be out during the last 2 weeks.of January 2024.  Pre-order early enough and you might get your device a week or more before the official launch date like I did with my s23 Ultra.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Android 14 stable build is now rolling out to s23 series devices on the TMB U firmware.  If this includes your device but you don't see the update yet.  These update roll outs are staggered so some might see it right away while others might not until next week.

Is there a schedule that T-Mobile has listed somewhere on when each device is getting Android 14 pushed to it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

when each device will get the update? no..it’ll show the status of “development-testing-completed”

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

Badge

I just got the updates for my Flip 5 yesterday.

So far, battery life is not what it was with UI5 and Android 13.

Hopefully it'll improve with time.

Waiting for November Update with Android 14 for my Samsung A14 5G.

Cheers

3fees

Android Software Updates show no devices for development, testing, or complete for Android 14.

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yeah i took a gander at it earlier as well. a bit surprised there isnt a single device in there yet.

Badge

Still no update for my Flip 5. I'm on the beta from a month ago and haven't been able to use Google wallet in months. Really wish T-Mobile would release this!!! 

There are many schedules showing when Android 14 will be released to a specific Samsung phone and the region or globally released, so far none are right for my phone, hopefully T Mobile can get all phones updated to Android 14 by the imei numbers soon. Android 15 is scheduled to be released next year 2nd or 3rd quarter which arriving very fast.

Cheers

3Fees

Badge

Ah yes I'm painfully aware of the various schedules and speculations. And of people waiting here and there they did or did not get it. Unfortunately Tmo still directs to a completely blank page. Unless it's just me that can't see anything about their testing/dev status. I'd really prefer to not go back in time to my backup but at some point I need Google Wallet again. I tried my Verizon sim and no luck there either. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

There are many schedules showing when Android 14 will be released to a specific Samsung phone and the region or globally released, so far none are right for my phone, hopefully T Mobile can get all phones updated to Android 14 by the imei numbers soon. Android 15 is scheduled to be released next year 2nd or 3rd quarter which arriving very fast.

Cheers

3Fees

Google releases the new version of Android in October when they release the new Pixel.

Ah, I did not know that. It seems to me Goggle is putting the pressure on the competition. I’m getting the impression Samsung has not delivered Android 14 to T Mobile yet or very sparsely. T Mobile is a huge Samsung client and a client in need is a friend indeed.

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ah, I did not know that. It seems to me Goggle is putting the pressure on the competition. I’m getting the impression Samsung has not delivered Android 14 to T Mobile yet or very sparsely. T Mobile is a huge Samsung client and a client in need is a friend indeed.

Cheers

3Fees

If you look back at previous versions of Android they usually don't hit the other Android versions of phones till the first of the year.

A T Mobile list of those getting Android 14 like they did with Android 13 would be very helpful.

Here is what I found on Android 13, dated Oct 16, 2022 20:07

T mobile Android 13 release schedule .

Cheers

3Fees

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

This link should help.

Its empty so far.

Cheers

3Fees