Question

App Selector

• 5 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi. I simply want to provide feedback saying that I don’t like being forced to go through the App Selector app after upgrading to Android 12. I would much rather buy an unlocked phone than be forced to even look at a list of apps I do not care about. The experience reminded me that I don’t have full control over my device.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

is it no longer allowing you to change around your apps on the home screen?

I agree, AppSelector is an absolute garbage thing to force on our devices.  If I wanted the crappy apps on my phone, I’d install the crappy apps on my phone.

Also, I want AppSelector removed.  I noticed on Android 13, you can no longer delete it, you can only disable it.

My admiration of TMobile has definitely gone down due to this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I highly recommend looking into how to setup and use ADB to remove it from your device.  

I can't stand AppSelector. T-Mobile forces this app on us, and it's just their way of making money by pushing sponsored apps and games to it's millions of customers, I said MILLIONS, do the math, evening small fractional of people end up installing an app or two, it is staggering number of installs they're winning from this... It's ridiculous that we can't remove it from our phones. 

Instead of helping us clean up our phones, AppSelector bombards us with unwanted apps. It's a pain to uncheck all those boxes just to clear a notification. The notification will never go away until you actually go through it. It's periodic 

My opinion of T-Mobile has really dropped because of this. If I wanted those sponsored apps, I'd install them myself. T-Mobile, needs toe let us remove AppSelector and give us control over our own devices.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’m on Android 12 and I was able to uninstall, both AppSelector and AppManager completely, so far they haven't returned and that incessant downloading of BS games is gone too.  I agree, I like Moto phones because they don’t mess much with the OS, unlike Samsung, but then the carriers bloat up the phones.  You can’t win it seems.  Maybe Google’s Pixels are better in this respect.  Maybe I’ll try one next time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

My Pixel doesn't have this installed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

This POS showed up with the Android 13 update. I went in to the Apps menu in Settings and disabled it.

I can't stand AppSelector. T-Mobile forces this app on us, and it's just their way of making money by pushing sponsored apps and games to it's millions of customers, I said MILLIONS, do the math, evening small fractional of people end up installing an app or two, it is staggering number of installs they're winning from this... It's ridiculous that we can't remove it from our phones. 

Instead of helping us clean up our phones, AppSelector bombards us with unwanted apps. It's a pain to uncheck all those boxes just to clear a notification. The notification will never go away until you actually go through it. It's periodic 

My opinion of T-Mobile has really dropped because of this. If I wanted those sponsored apps, I'd install them myself. T-Mobile, needs toe let us remove AppSelector and give us control over our own devices.

If you don’t want to utilize AppSelector on your smartphone, you may easily turn off the notifications. To remove alerts from AppSelector,

see the full detail of this page What is AppSelector   and how you can remove from your device .