cant text Verizon phones

• 2 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

Problem started 2 days ago.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 phone. Text messages sent to any Verizon customer are not received by them. I can send them a picture and they will receive it. So it seems MMS works but SMS does not. They can all send me texts without issue. Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing my problem?

Thanks for any help

7 replies

I'm having the same exact issue! It's started a couple of days ago for me as well. I have a Google Pixel 7

Badge

My issue not being able to text Verizon was fixed today. I got a helpful T-Mobile technician on the phone and while I don't know exactly what he did it appeared he removed my phone from the T-Mobile network and added it back. I even got text messages saying welcome to T-Mobile and an email saying my account was cancelled. Immediately after I had no issues texting people at Verizon. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue as me.

I talked to them at length about this and they "escalated" to their tech team. I'm awaiting a call back but I'm glad there's a solution.

I am having same issue, started early AM Friday morning. REsearched many settings to check. Now on the phone with T-Mobile. The support lines are very busy it seems. Hopefully, they fix the issue. This kind of issue cause a real disconnect for me and I am sure many others.

I'm having the opposite. I changed my number within T-Mobile and upgraded to an S24+. Now, I can send messages to Verizon customers but I cannot receive any. 

I am having the exact same issue! I discovered it was happening this past Sunday and as my mom and my sister both have verizon we discovered it had been happening for about 5 days. I've called tmobile twice and they have not had a solution for me

UPDATE....So I was able to speak to a tmobile tech support clinician today and just like a previous poster said, the tech walked me through the steps of resetting my mobile network settings, I believe he also reset my sim, and said something about refreshing my profile on the network. I also received the "Welcome to T-mobile" message and VIOLA!! PROBLEM SOLVED. If you are having this issue, you are not crazy, and it CAN be fixed. JUST CALL THEM AND REFERENCE THE FIX THAT SEEMED TO WORK FOR BOTH *PHILIPLAD AND MYSELF!! Good luck!! He said he has encountered similar issues related to the Verizon network in the past, and this seems to do the trick!!