Question

Conditional Call Forwarding No Longer Working

Badge

About a month or so ago my conditional call forwarding for unanswered calls stopped working.  I have had it working for years and was able to send them to Google Voicemail to handle.  I did nothing and one day I noticed it no longer worked.  I have tried the GSM codes, the call forwarding on my phone, etc and get modem_err or other error codes.  I can still forward unavailable or busy calls it is only the unanswered that doesn’t work.  Anyone else have this issue and been able to solve it?  

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

It could be a setting within the phone. For example, our Manage calls: Samsung Galaxy S10+ has steps for changing call forwarding options. Now, I understand that may not be your phone, but you should be able to find steps for your device.

Badge

I have tried doing it through the phone settings but get a Modem_Err message or Network or Sim Error.  I can successfully do unconditional forwarding but cannot for conditional for unavailable or unanswered without getting an error.  I have had this phone for awhile and it was working and then suddenly stopped about 6 weeks ago.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Try the following: 1) Turn off WiFi 2) put the phone in 2G/3G mode 3) try to set the conditional forwarding either by the menu or hash codes. I find that sometimes LTE just doesn’t get along with GSM service codes and WiFi Calling is totally out.

Badge

Thanks that didn’t work either.  Still getting Network or Sim Error.  Oh well thank you for the suggestion.  Don't know why it suddenly stopped working after all this time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I don’t know. I just changed the out-of-range forwarding on my 1+nine and it worked perfectly.

Badge

I am having this same exact problem.  I have had calls forwarded to Google Voice for years and it was working fine on this phone (LG G7 with Android 10) until a few months ago. I noticed I was getting notifications that I have new voicemails in my Tmobile account, and I get errors trying to re-establish conditional call forwarding.

Just yesterday I tried enable Tmobile’s Visual Voicemail app because I have been missing messages while I try to figure this out, but the app just hangs when I try to turn visual voicemail on-just shows a spinning pink circle with the message “Turning on Visual Voicemail” until I kill the app. 

I wondered I just changed the out-of-range forwarding on my 1+nine and it worked perfectly.

Regards Travel Van Booking

@ serrurier beloeil

Thanks for sharing a piece of good knowledge.

Any luck getting the conditional call forwarding issues resolved?  I switched from the Sprint network to T-Mobile and am unable to forward calls, conditionally or otherwise.  Tried with wifi turned off, with 2G3G enabled.  Could not change manually or using the phone call forwarding settings.

Customer service has no clue.

I am having the same issue with One Plus 9.  I receiver a network error every time I try. 

I was having the same problem when connected to WiFi or to the regular network. Temporarily switching to 2g allowed me to change the forwarding numbers. 

Try the following: 1) Turn off WiFi 2) put the phone in 2G/3G mode 3) try to set the conditional forwarding either by the menu or hash codes. I find that sometimes LTE just doesn’t get along with GSM service codes and WiFi Calling is totally out.

This worked for me!

Wasn’t able to get call forwarding working via the hash codes at all with a Prepaid account on my LG Q7+ (regardless of 2G/3G, etc). Did a search for ‘call forwarding’ in my phone settings and tried to set the ‘Always forward’ number to my nine-digit other number but it gave me a “Network or SIM card error”.

However, there were three other conditional forwarding settings available: <forward if:> Busy, Unanswered (5-sec delay) and Unreachable, and I was able to set all of those to my nine-digit other number.